Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
FWIW....

edy7e6a6.jpg

Sent from my HTC DNA

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Battery screen shots of two posts above seem to indicate using WiFi and ton of awake time. I wonder what's awaking it? That's not bad battery time but it probably could be even better if you can reduce it. You will need app like BBS or GSAM to figure that out.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Battery screen shots of two posts above seem to indicate using WiFi and ton of awake time. I wonder what's awaking it? That's not bad battery time but it probably could be even better if you can reduce it. You will need app like BBS or GSAM to figure that out.

My phone was awake listening to podcasts over Bluetooth.

The Nottinator

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No Wi-Fi until 5:38pm. Interestingly enough, at 11% I lost the SIM card, had to plug in and restart phone. Took screen shot before I did.

The Nottinator

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353976966890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353976966890.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 28

ji001

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
First day with my DNA. Havent even had a chance to fully charge the thing. I was driving for an hour and half today and thought Id test navigation for about an hour to see how the battery drains.

I had previously charged the phone up to 80%, messed around with the camera off and on for a while, sent several attached emails. Phone was at 70% later on when I turned on Google Navigation. In and out 3g/LTE zones. Mostly stayed in LTE. Battery was dropping 1% roughly every 3 minutes. Screen was on the whole time GPS/Nav was running. In about 50+ minutes of Navigation w/ screen on, I went from 70% to about 55%.

So, at the rate of 15% every 50 or so minutes, does that mean it would take about 5 hours to drain a fully charged battery? if it's consistent? Im no expert (math or tech) but if it takes give or take 5 hours of navigating in 4g/3g with screen on to fully drain the battery then thats just amazing to me, someone who suffered with the Thunderbolt as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-26-19-34-20.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-26-19-34-20.png
    132 KB · Views: 28

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Some real world use, other end of the spectrum.... So I have been sick the past 2 days and barely used my phone. A couple calls, a couple texts and very limited Words with Friends. Plugged it in at 19% after 2 day and 4 hours. So if you don't use the phone much (or at all) you can expect 2 days.

On a side note, I am curious what this would get with no radio. I have my TB sitting here on my desk. I had it fully charged when I bought the DNA but haven't touched it since. Picked it up and it actually turned on. A singal charge is going on 4 days and 19 hours and it is still at 48%!!! And people said the TB battery sucked! HAHAH

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Mine was awake today because I was cleaning up by music library and checking songs with Shazaam to make sure they were correct.

It was on WIFI at work.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. When I checked the battery usage the other day, the battery was losing about 10% in a little over an hour, the usage report shows internet used 38% and the 2nd place was android system at 10%.
I did not have any browser open or was using the phone for anything, all additional tasks were already closed. Any idea what could cause the battery drain and shows up on the usage report as "internet"?

Thank you,

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Kinda worried. I used 20 percent of my battery in a bit over an hour. The phone may not be for me. I will see after a full days use.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see battery usage using data only no wifi. An hr of navigation, 30 mins of gaming, some web, forums, video, and syncs on, etc. For people that are mobile a lot that can't use wifi. Using an app like gsam so we can see full results.
Reason being I try not to use the car chargers much anymore because I tend to forget to unplug and have smoked a few phones and batteries. The 10 minute rule for car charging to protect battery and phone is to much of a job for me. Lol.

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Would be curious how CM10 would change the battery life, better or worse. I feel like better, but at the same time it seems as though either HTC is making the most legit 2020mah battery ever, or there is some crazy power savings done through sense. I mean, I understand the S4 Pro and SuperLCD3 are newer tech which save power as well but generally there's a lot of software related things as well.

I'll be honest, not so worried about getting the DLX when it comes out anymore in terms of battery life. But at the same time, you have to admit it would've been nice for the DLX to have come with a 2500mah. I mean, when your battery starts decaying in life the non-removable is kind of a bummer since you won't be able to replace it without paying a cost.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest, not so worried about getting the DLX when it comes out anymore in terms of battery life. But at the same time, you have to admit it would've been nice for the DLX to have come with a 2500mah. I mean, when your battery starts decaying in life the non-removable is kind of a bummer since you won't be able to replace it without paying a cost.
I wish HTC had never released the maH spec. The number is the only thing people seem to be focused on. If it had a 2500 maH battery, and the exact same performance, nobody would be talking about it.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish HTC had never released the maH spec. The number is the only thing people seem to be focused on. If it had a 2500 maH battery, and the exact same performance, nobody would be talking about it.

Very, very good point. Kind of like the iphone having a 1450mAh(!!!) battery but still managing to be a battery use champ. No one complains about the iphone and you are absolutely correct that no one would be complaining about the real world battery usage of this phone if it weren't for the race-for-numbers 2020mAh battery spec.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Good point. Though for me all the battery talk has now just become background noise for me. At this point, now that I have the DNA and have used it enough to determine that the battery is more than fine for me, I just about couldn't care less what any naysayers have to say about battery life. For each user it either is or is not going to be good enough based on their usage. The battery life talk has all just become drivel to me at this point :) .

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
So you guys would have a problem getting an extra 25%? You are all missing the point! I don't get it. It is well known that it is no standout in the battery department. It looks on par with s3 from all the reviews. It is like you guys object to the fact that more is better! I am not going to get my way, it is not ever going to magically get a bigger battery but, to sit here and say it is fine and more battery life is not needed and would not have been beneficial is crazy, I don't get it. Battery life is the single most important thing on a mobile device, without it, it is a paperweight!!!! What is so hard to understand that a 2500mah battery would have been the shiz! One of the guys from droid life ( I think) put a poll on twitter and hands down, battery life was number one interest, followed by LTE ( I don't get that one), followed by screen tech. EVERY person I know friends, family, wife, mother, brothers, sister, etc. have complaints about battery life with their android phones, S3s, stratospheres, incredible 4gs, you name it. We all know it has been an issue with almost every android phone released. Especially HTC. Soooooo why not beef up that one spec and put a little more than needed? It is one thing to say battery is fine for me. It is another to say, this phone DOES NOT NEED A BIGGER BATTERY. which is what most of you on here are saying. They should have filled whatever space is being used by th stupid wireless charging with more cowbell (battery)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs