Real World Battery Use Results...

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually, let me try. I'm up for the challenge. ;)

When you say things like "EVERY person I know... have complaints about battery life with their android phones", that's simply not true. You know several people here who are very satisfied with the battery life of their DNA. Why you choose not to believe us, is something only you can answer.

But let's just take my experience for example. My wife and I have had our DNA's for nearly a week now. Neither of us have run out of battery. Neither of us has had to tailor our use around battery remaining. Thus, we are happy with the phone. Take the maH spec and change it to 2500, or 3500, or 2021, and it doesn't matter to me. At the end of the day (literally) I put down my phone knowing that it has served me well. Best phone I have ever used, without a doubt.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually, let me try. I'm up for the challenge. ;)

When you say things like "EVERY person I know... have complaints about battery life with their android phones", that's simply not true. You know several people here who are very satisfied with the battery life of their DNA. Why you choose not to believe us, is something only you can answer.

But let's just take my experience for example. My wife and I have had our DNA's for nearly a week now. Neither of us have run out of battery. Neither of us has had to tailor our use around battery remaining. Thus, we are happy with the phone. Take the maH spec and change it to 2500, or 3500, or 2021, and it doesn't matter to me. At the end of the day (literally) I put down my phone knowing that it has served me well. Best phone I have ever used, without a doubt.

i am not and would never argue the fact that the battery life is or isnt good for you, but you are completely missing EVERYTHING i have ever said in any of my posts. why would you not want 25% more battery??????????????????????????????? please tell me. you are missing ALL OF MY POINTS. what is the harm in giving the extra battery so that a heavier user could get a days worth and a lighter user could have a reserve at the end of every day. Most people here are saying the battery would last a regular days use. great! why would you not want a reserve for a day that goes to shiz and you find yourself away from power, or more likely it is inconvenient to be near power? how could anyone here argue with that? more battery is better, no matter who you are or how you use it!! 2500-3300 would have sealed this phones fate as king of the hill. the marketing could have been "incredible" pun intended!! we all would have been walking around with dongles hanging from our phones with usb flash drives, but it would have really been a game changing phone.

my other point is that there is no question this phone was NOT built for the masses!!!!!! 5" 1080p screen, quad core processor, kick ass gpu, etc. these are specs that exceed the average users needs. not to mention size alone rules it out for most of the buying public. samsungs sales goals for the note2 are 5 million vs 30 million for the s3. my wife and mother did not like the s3 specifically based on size and swapped for the incredible 4g. that being said, why would you not cram as much battery as humanly possible into the phone?

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
You are all missing the point!

I really think that you're missing the point here. For most people, with the way they use their smart phones, the battery in the DNA is more than needed. Sure it would have been better to have a little more battery, but that was definitely not a deal breaker for me on this phone. If you need more battery, buy a different phone, you have that option. It sounds like you have a Maxx, why are you not happy with it? Do you complain on that forum that you want a bigger screen or a faster processer?

thefireguy286

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Seriously...how much is Motorola paying some of you people??

For the rest of you, stop feeding the trolls. It's that simple. Just ignore edizzle, etc. Don't quote or reply. Just like grade school bullies they'll go away eventually.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
but you are completely missing EVERYTHING i have ever said in any of my posts.
There's no way that I can verify or deny that, since I tend to try and avoid your posts.
what is the harm in giving the extra battery
Size and price. I don't want a thicker phone nor do I want to pay more for a feature that I don't need.

I usually hate analogies in a forum, but I'll throw one out there: When I go to the gym, I need a bag that will suit my needs... It needs to carry a change of clothes, headphones, towel, and a bottle of water. So, I use a sack pack with my local Jr Hockey team's logo on it. It is perfect for what I need. Sure, I could buy one that is "25%" larger, and costs a little more, but it is not what I want.

You say that we don't see your point, and that's just not true. I understand you (and probably lots of others) crave a phone that will last longer without a charge than the DNA. I 100% completely understand that. This is not the phone for you.
But what you refuse to understand is that I am extremely happy with this phone, just as it is. Why isn't it ok with you that I am happy with the device I chose?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Sure it would have been better to have a little more battery

for the love of all that is holy, finally someone willing to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is hope. this is all i have ever stated, but for some people here, admitting that must make them feel like they made a bad purchase or something. it is simple logic at best!!!!

more battery would have been better, period......... what is there to argue?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
There's no way that I can verify or deny that, since I tend to try and avoid your posts.
Size and price. I don't want a thicker phone nor do I want to pay more for a feature that I don't need.

I usually hate analogies in a forum, but I'll throw one out there: When I go to the gym, I need a bag that will suit my needs... It needs to carry a change of clothes, headphones, towel, and a bottle of water. So, I use a sack pack with my local Jr Hockey team's logo on it. It is perfect for what I need. Sure, I could buy one that is "25%" larger, and costs a little more, but it is not what I want.

You say that we don't see your point, and that's just not true. I understand you (and probably lots of others) crave a phone that will last longer without a charge than the DNA. I 100% completely understand that. This is not the phone for you.
But what you refuse to understand is that I am extremely happy with this phone, just as it is. Why isn't it ok with you that I am happy with the device I chose?

wow! i wonder how moto got the 3300mah battery in a phone with a thinner profile than the S3? Price? really? $250 would have been a steal for this phone. $199 is to little as is.

your analogy is not even close to being comporable!!!! yes if you only used your phone during your trip to the gym it would make sense. it is TOTALLY OK you are happy.

I 100% completely understand you are happy and stated that previously, why isnt it ok with you that i believe a bigger battery in this device would be better and serve more people overall.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
more battery would have been better, period......... what is there to argue?
With every design and/or engineering change, there is a tradeoff. And a larger battery will affect both price and size. You're right, this fact cannot be argued. ;)

Whether or not this tradeoff is worth it to you, is also something that cannot be argued (yet you continue to do so.) It is a matter of personal preference. What might be perfect for me, might not be acceptable to you. And guess what... That's perfectly ok. O:)

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would have loved htc to put a bigger battery in AND an sd card. The fact they didn't is puzzling to me but this phone will be suitable for my wife when I go get the note 2 Thursday. This blows her iPhone 4 to pieces!

The Nottinator

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
wow! i wonder how moto got the 3300mah battery in a phone with a thinner profile than the S3?
Again, a statement from you without truth.
The GS3 is 8.6mm thick, while the Razr Maxx HD is 9.3mm. (Even the non-HD Razr Maxx is thicker, and it has a significantly lesser screen.)

Price? really? $250 would have been a steal for this phone. $199 is to little as is.
I would not want to pay any extra for a feature I don't need (or want, considering the added size.)

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Again, a statement from you without truth.
The GS3 is 8.6mm thick, while the Razr Maxx HD is 9.3mm. (Even the non-HD Razr Maxx is thicker, and it has a significantly lesser screen.)

I would not want to pay any extra for a feature I don't need (or want, considering the added size.)

a quick google search before i posted yielded a misfigure of 8.3mm for razr maxx.

you are to funny!! do you know what .7mm is? .0275591" that would be a deal breaker for you? lol. im glad to see other people agree that there is absolutely no doubt this phone could have standed to have a little bigger battery. for some reason you have a problem with logic!!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Edizzle I think your in the wrong forum your Maxx forum is just around the corner. We all get you battery is bigger and last longer and boy do I wish my battery was as BIG as yours.

Sorry to go off topic :(

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Edizzle I think your in the wrong forum your Maxx forum is just around the corner. We all get you battery is bigger and last longer and boy do I wish my battery was as BIG as yours.

Sorry to go off topic :(

its funny how you are resulting to putting words in my mouth. i have not been on here touting how my battery is bigger or better. i have expressed a desire for HTC to have put a bigger battery in the DNA, a seriously badass phone! for some reason allot of people have a problem with my wish and for an even stranger reason think it is weird that i would wish this!

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I was trending away but perhaps the mod calmed everyone down, on the side of design there are several factors involved besides just stuffing in mah. First they had a design size, and subcontracted thier vendors for parts at a cost structure that worked, the battery isn't like 'normal' (I think) since its sandwiched in between pcb/screen so there are some tooling issues and stocking common parts from jbutterfly) also we've found that does not directly translate to run time because it's based on a variable consumption, also would be the wireless charging if it had a bigger battery how much longer would i need to wait for full wireless charge... alot of factors. I knew a High level Chef that worked for the airlines, (this is when you used to get a meal) he said they would work on saving a Penny... this expanded worldwide on his airline saved them thousands of dollars..
That all said I'm pretty happy with the DNA

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I love this phone and the battery life. I came from a Verizon Galaxy Nexus that got about 9 hours of battery life which got me through the day and I was fine with that. When I got the Droid DNA and saw everyone complaining I found it funny knowing that the S3 pro and LCD3 sip on battery. I'm happy to report that I get an average of 27 hours per charge, given that is on WiFi 70% of the day. But if you were to tell me I was going to get a 5 inch 1080p Screen, The fastest quad core processor on the market, 2GB of RAM, the best camera on an android phone to date, and I would be TRIPLING my battery life!! I love this phone.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I found out where some of my drag could be stemming from, everything was set up from the box to sync every second it seemed.

Took out the sync on stuff that I don't even know, or use, and I will get a new baseline for tomorrow.

WTH is a Flixr, and why is it syncing to something that I don't even use? lol

And keep in mind, especially for our newly departed pest, that the wireless charging paraphernalia accounts for some of the thickness of the phone I would imagine.

Perhaps if HTC removed that, they could have put in a bigger battery to appease some people.

With that being said, I am coming from the expectation that my ICS thunderbolt with the extended battery set. I was left with 20% at the end of a workday, and 50% left at bedtime on a weekend.

With this, it is around 5% around bedtime. Maybe now that all of the unused syncing is shut off now, it will improve....who knows.

And maybe after I slow down molesting it every 3 minutes that will help too.

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar