1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Picture Messages sent from iPhones coming in low quality.

Ive happily jumped the Apple ship to the Droid DNA which is amazing. My only concern so far is picture message quality. As i tend to share alot of pictures, pictures coming in from iPhones with 8mp cameras are coming in pretty low quality. While my pictures are showing up on their phone crystal clear. Anyone have any idea about this? I know the incoming pics should look better, as they did on an iPhone. Let me know what you guys think.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Default Re: Picture Messages sent from iPhones coming in low quality.

Quote Originally Posted by schwinn123 View Post
    Ive happily jumped the Apple ship to the Droid DNA which is amazing. My only concern so far is picture message quality. As i tend to share alot of pictures, pictures coming in from iPhones with 8mp cameras are coming in pretty low quality. While my pictures are showing up on their phone crystal clear. Anyone have any idea about this? I know the incoming pics should look better, as they did on an iPhone. Let me know what you guys think.
    Just tried from my wife's iPhone 5 ... I'm showing 1536x2048. There a setting on the iPhone somewhere that needs to be tweaked?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Just tried from my wife's iPhone 5 ... I'm showing 1536x2048. There a setting on the iPhone somewhere that needs to be tweaked?
    Thanks a lot Phil! Im getting pictures sent from a 4s, i wouldn't imagine it being very different. I have to do some more "tests". The pictures aren't horrible, but any attempt to zoom really diminishes picture quality.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Update : pictures sent from other droids and a gs3 coming in very poor quality, 30kb. And my pictures being sent to a gs3 sending very poor. Any thoughts?