new to android and DNA - need help
Trying to copy a ringtone mp3 into /system/media/audio/notifications, using Astro File Manager. Fails to write file. All of the pre-loaded ringtones are stored under system.
Do I need to root this phone to copy ringtones and like files?
Also, I see a directory structure under sdcard, which has directories for ringtones, notifications... I can copy a file there, but cant see the mp3 in the Sounds menu. What is the purpose of this directory structure if the phone doesnt see the mp3 I added.
Sorry, really confused on how to simply copy a file so that I can add a ringtone.
Re: new to android and DNA - need help
I see the ADD + from the Ringtones menu, but I dont see anything to add once I click on it. There is no way to browse to select anything else. I dont see the ADD + in the Notifications menu.
- By m.seif in forum Other Sony Android PhonesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2012, 07:19 AM
- By Gennarelli in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 05-29-2011, 12:18 PM
- By koolx in forum Android AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
- By spongey600 in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-13-2011, 09:24 PM
- By spongey600 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-13-2011, 08:00 PM