Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Default Re: Official: post your DNA photos here

Note 2

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1354488953841.jpg  
    dsignori likes this.

Default Official: post your DNA photos here

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbman View Post
    The camera interface on the DNA is much better. The actual photo quality on the Note 2, however is a bit better. Check out phonearena comparison. Also check each review by GSM. These reviewers actualy dowlload the images to a computer and compare...that is when you can see the differences. Most reviewers just look at the quality of the photo on the phone screen. Of course if you do that with the DNA, with the best screen available......they look better. Place them on a computer and zoom in a bit....you will see more noise in the photos fron the DNA.
    Noise is not indicative of worse pictures.

The DNA has better hardware, better software, and takes better pictures.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

more noise doesn't mean a worse picture? are you sure? I prefer my pictures with out the noise. ...
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness

Here's a couple videos I took over the weekend (I'm still getting the hang of this smartphone thing):

more noise doesn't mean a worse picture? are you sure? I prefer my pictures with out the noise. ...
    No, it doesn't. In this case, the noise is due to the DNA's superior sensor and lens.

Noise in and of itself does not at all indicate worse pictures.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    No, it doesn't. In this case, the noise is due to the DNA's superior sensor and lens.

Noise in and of itself does not at all indicate worse pictures.
    I have never read a review or heard a photographer say "the added noise in the photo is caused by the superior hardware and lenses"...With this reasoning I guess the next time I shop for a new hdtv I will look for the one with the most "noise"
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness

Just ignore jhb3, he's a professional debater altho he's not very good at it.

Thanked by 2:
    dsignori and Bobbman like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Let's calm down. They both take good pictures. No need to bash either one. Sureee we ae all satisfied

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P
    Thanked by:
    mclarryjr and Wingznut like this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

I am calm. Just when someone says more noise in a photo is from better hardware meaning the noiser photo is better.....makes me a little crazy....but still calm. :-)
    Irvgotti likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1354554844462.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1354554889766.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1354554922457.jpg  
    jcochran1977 and Wingznut like this.

I have never read a review or heard a photographer say "the added noise in the photo is caused by the superior hardware and lenses"...With this reasoning I guess the next time I shop for a new hdtv I will look for the one with the most "noise"
    You must not have been paying attention then. The DNA has more noise because it has significantly better (and larger) optics. Larger optics allow more noise in. Further, HTC has dialed back their post-processing so it is less aggressive (especially compared to samsung's, which is overly aggressive) which leaves a little more noise in the final product. In this case, more noise is not indicative of a worse picture, especially if every other aspect of the picture is superior.

You learned something new about camera quality today. Feels good, doesn't it?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1354565699880.jpg  
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Just ignore jhb3, he's a professional debater altho he's not very good at it.

Exactly. Just don't feed the trolls :-)

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

You must not have been paying attention then. The DNA has more noise because it has significantly better (and larger) optics. Larger optics allow more noise in. Further, HTC has dialed back their post-processing so it is less aggressive (especially compared to samsung's, which is overly aggressive) which leaves a little more noise in the final product. In this case, more noise is not indicative of a worse picture, especially if every other aspect of the picture is superior.

You learned something new about camera quality today. Feels good, doesn't it?
    Me... Gsm... Phone arena all disagree. I will give you the 2.0 aperture. The module itself not as good as Samsung. Noise is not good in a photo... Very simple. Not to much learning required

Me... Gsm... Phone arena all disagree. I will give you the 2.0 aperture. The module itself not as good as Samsung. Noise is not good in a photo... Very simple. Not to much learning required
    Neither of those are photography websites, and both of them have been heavily biased towards Samsung anyways.

I'll repeat again: noise is not indicative of poor image quality. The DNA has better hardware than samsung's, but has less aggressive software. The better hardware alone makes it better than the note, and the pictures are easily tweaked if necessary. (Whereas with the Samsung, you are stuck with their hyper aggressive noise reduction which degrades image quality significantly)

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Neither of those are photography websites, and both of them have been heavily biased towards Samsung anyways.

I'll repeat again: noise is not indicative of poor image quality. The DNA has better hardware than samsung's, but has less aggressive software. The better hardware alone makes it better than the note, and the pictures are easily tweaked if necessary. (Whereas with the Samsung, you are stuck with their hyper aggressive noise reduction which degrades image quality significantly)
    Do you know of a "pro htc" website explaing how their noiser pictures are superior to samsung's? Most of the ones I have read said the cameras were a wash.... Or gave the edge to Samsung once the pictures were examined closely.
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    No macro feature on the note 2 at least none that I can find.

Open camera app, then press the lower icon on left (settings), then select Focus mode, then select Macro.
    Last edited by chazglenn3; 12-04-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Please stop talking abouy that picture. Its obvious no-one wants a picture with noise. Plain and simple. Better or worse. Simple fact you want a clear picture if viewed on a bigger screen. They both take great pictures. So stop flaming each other over something that's not serious. Can't see eye to eye. Just drop it.
    Thanked by 2:
    Bobbman likes this.

Do you know of a "pro htc" website explaing how their noiser pictures are superior to samsung's? Most of the ones I have read said the cameras were a wash.... Or gave the edge to Samsung once the pictures were examined closely.
    For the love of god, actually read what I'm posting. Noise is not indicative of a bad picture or worse camera. Please educate yourself on how cameras work, and why aggressive post processing like Samsung uses is NOT a good thing.

Walter: "Derp."
    Henry: "My little brother is so annoying!"

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post
    Walter: "Derp."
    Henry: "My little brother is so annoying!"

The cat in the front has that I want your soul look

Wingznut likes this.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

The DNA has a software issue with the camera. HTC is fixing it in the next update. This camera is just as good as any Samsung camera

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

For the love of god, actually read what I'm posting. Noise is not indicative of a bad picture or worse camera. Please educate yourself on how cameras work, and why aggressive post processing like Samsung uses is NOT a good thing.
    There is good photo noise from very high end cameras. There is bad photo noise from average cell phone type cameras. HTC dna has some of the bad type of noise. It is mentioned in multiple reviews though the internet. Go read a little bit. Educate yourself. Save your pompous bluster and actually look at the situation objectively

I am begging everyone, please don't feed the troll here. He is clearly not interested in helping anyone, so just don't respond to anything he posts ...

Please keep in mind that if your opinion is that something looks "good" or "bad", then it IS "good" or "bad for you. There is no need to respond to <JHB3> . It's your opinion, and no poster or reference articles can tell each of us what our own opinions of "looks good" are. So let's ignore the thread "noise" here and let's get back to posting some pics !
    Thanked by 2:
    Irvgotti, Markster1 and Bobbman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3 View Post
    Open camera app, then press the lower icon on left (settings), then select Focus mode, then select Marco.
    Ahhhh, thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast