Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree61Likes

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Default Re: Official: post your DNA photos here

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    I am begging everyone, please don't feed the troll here. He is clearly not interested in helping anyone, so just don't respond to anything he posts ...

Please keep in mind that if your opinion is that something looks "good" or "bad", then it IS "good" or "bad for you. There is no need to respond to <JHB3> . It's your opinion, and no poster or reference articles can tell each of us what our own opinions of "looks good" are. So let's ignore the thread "noise" here and let's get back to posting some pics !
    Thanks dsignori and Irvgotti......I guess I got baited into feeding the troll. I will stop feeding him. Not worth the effort. Thanks again!
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness / Iphone 5s (had to try) / LG3 (it might be love but will a Note 4 break us up?)
    dsignori and Irvgotti like this.
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Ahhhh, thanks!

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    You're welcome. Explore the settings in there...Samsung has included a lot of options.

Default Official: post your DNA photos here

mclarryjr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    No, it doesn't. In this case, the noise is due to the DNA's superior sensor and lens.

Noise in and of itself does not at all indicate worse pictures.
    All things being equal, noise generally indicates a worse sensor - usually because it is a smaller sensor or a sensor otherwise making use of smaller photodiodes. Optics might have nothing to do with it at all, you can get noise with no light coming into the sensor at all. Once there is actually light coming into the sensor better optics reduce the noise, usually, because more light will result in a better signal to noise (of the dark current type) ratio.

Depending on what you mean by "better sensor" though, you can be correct if "better sensor" means higher sensor density. An 8 megapixel and 5 megapixel sensor of the same physical size, again all else being equal, will have less noise with the 5 megapixel sensor because of the larger diodes on the 5 megapixel sensor (and thereby once again a better SNR given an equal amount if incident light per unit area). Usually though all things are not equal, noise reduction is applied on nearly everything so unless you are looking at the raw file - prior to debayering even - you're not likely to actually be seeing the true noise of the sensor itself. Also you can mitigate the higher noise by multisampling, a 20 megapixel sensor of the same size as a 5 megapixel sensor will probably show similar noise as the 5 megapixel sensor if that 20 megapixel sensor is multi-sampled down to 5 megapixels, which is how I suspect Nokia gets such good noise performance out of their real PureView sensors.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1354832528336.jpg  
    mclarryjr and jrwatson like this.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    The cat in the front has that I want your soul look
    So... like every look from every cat ever?
    Irvgotti likes this.

Those are some nice pics.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Here are a few images from the Los Angeles Car Show, taken tonite:

Thanked by:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355074800533.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355074814767.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355074826822.jpg  

@Shel... Love love love the Evora!

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post
    @Shel... Love love love the Evora!
    Wingznut
    Thanks, but how the HELL did I forget to upload photos of the hottest car at the show? (Smacks forehead....)

Anyone care to guess what this car is? (Last photo gives away the answer...)

All photos taken with the HTC DNA! Great camera, from my experiences. Takes beautiful photos, quick shutter, sharp images... really love the camera on this phone!

mclarryjr likes this.

Gorgeous

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Please tell me the S3 was filming you taking a picture of it... get some camera-inception going on.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Last car is the new acura nsx concept car
    Edit: just saw the license plate after posting *facepalm
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FINALLY got this bad boy, so excited to use it! Photos are from Twitter's new editing system, Snapseed, Instagram, or Facebook. So the compression is pretty annoying on some, but yeah, I'm really impressed with it, esPECIALLY the front-facing one!

boom.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808480516.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808491623.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808499914.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808509352.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808527696.jpg  

Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808551996.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808578087.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808603242.jpg   Official: post your DNA photos here-uploadfromtaptalk1355808623511.jpg  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234