Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kilofoxtrot
  • 1 Post By osubeavs728
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Looking Phone I've ever owned... and I've owned a ton of them.

First let me say that I am a cell phone *****... I rarely keep a phone for 3 months before swapping to the latest and greatest.

The DNA is the most elegant and beautiful phone I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

It's a f-ing beautiful piece of hardware.

So... leaving the OS out of the picture and just looking at the design and aesthetics of the phone. Here are my top favorites.

1. DNA
    2. iPhone 5
    3. Nokia E71
    4. Moto V60

What's your list contain????
    Optimus Nexus likes this.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Looking Phone I've ever owned... and I've owned a ton of them.

I've always judged phones on how they'll look when they run out of batteries so when I take out my phone and whine to my friends about how annoying it is that the battery died at least they'll know that I have good aesthetic taste.

But that's just me.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    I've always judged phones on how they'll look when they run out of batteries so when I take out my phone and whine to my friends about how annoying it is that the battery died at least they'll know that I have good aesthetic taste.

But that's just me.
    Troll much? If I am going to troll on every single phone I do not like, I don't think I will have time to do anything else for the rest of my life.
    Thanked by 4:

But that's just me.

You obviously don't have one. My battery life is fantastic. I've had the iphone5 and s3 is the past two months and this is at least as good.
    Why are you on this thread?
    Thanked by 2:

But that's just me.
    Seriously why are you in this forum?
    Thanked by:

I agree, this phone looks sleek and sexy with the red tints and grill work, the back has a nice feel to it as well. I hate using a cover, but it's too new.
    I've liked HTC tbolt build and before that BBs, which there was no competition in build back then. This phone covers many of the ascetic bases well now if we could just get rid of all the vZ branding ;-)
    Thanked by:
    HPBolt 

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1967 View Post
    Seriously why are you in this forum?
    I wonder that, I as well. :thumbup:

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

I've never been a fan of the looks of the HTC Phones but this one does look great. However, I still prefer the Motorola industrial style.

ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

Lol, I like the phone ***** title. At any rate, like you, for me this is by far the best and most beautiful phone I've had. It would of been perfect if it had a microSD card slot, though.

Well, I've owned a ton of phones, here's my top 3:
    1. Nokia 8600 Luna- Owned
    2. Samsung Galaxy S3 BROWN- Owned, current phone
    3. iPhone 5- Not owned
    I would love to put the Galaxy Nexus on this list. It is definitely THE BEST phone i've ever had. Unfortunately, there's just too much of a plastic look on the back.
    P.S I have only stated that I had a lot of phones to emphasis the fact that a phone might look great in photos and be completely different in real life. And the other way around, for the S3 Brown for example. Also, my list is composed of phones I've had my hands on.

I agree, from a pure hardware aesthetic...this one takes the cake although I kind of wish they found a way to make the capacitive keys hidden or minimized to a point where they are only visible when the display is in use (or make use of on-screen nav keys).

My list of phones that either I've owned or handled at one point that I find to be great looking devices:
    1. Droid DNA
    2. iPhone 5
    3. One X
    4. Galaxy S 3 (White)

I agree with you that the DNA looks much better than the iphone 5 however, I find that's only true if they are both without a case. The iphone 5 can look pretty neat even when in a case. To this day, I still find this to be true with the dna (unfortunately). Other than that I pretty much agree with your list although, I would put the One X+ right on #3.
    Thanked by:
    HPBolt 

CAMERA SUX . I do know how to get good pix from it. One must not use auto settings. The white balance is way off.

Quote Originally Posted by RLGL1 View Post
    CAMERA SUX . I do know how to get good pix from it. One must not use auto settings. The white balance is way off.
    What's that have to do with the thread topic? (physical appearance)
    TheLibertarian likes this.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

I too have something of a smartphone addiction...something like 17 in the past two years. HTC hands down wins in overall design materials and aesthetic in my book. Rather than rank my favorites, I'll just list them in no particular order (lest I spend far too much time deciding rankings=/)

Droid DNA
    Nokia N9
    Nexus One
    Radar 4G
    iPhone 5

Honorable mention:
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 (mostly the ergonomics & keyboard...felt like typing on clouds)