HTC Sync and 64 Bit windows

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had some issues with two of my laptops getting the HTC Sync and DNA drivers working.
I had to set them to 'Compatibility mode' (right click sync icon, properties, run compatable win7 which simulates 32 bit)
I was able to install and run with no problems on my 32bit desktop so I suspect it was the 64bit installation.

It all works on all three now.. maybe it's my setup but if someone has some problems and have 64 bit win7/8 try this.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I am not USING HTC Sync, but I did install it without issue on my Windows 7 64 bit PC. It opens fine when I connect my phone to the PC, so I don't think it has any issues that I can see ..

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I only loaded Sync to get the drivers installed, I use a file manager to xfer the files, the phone would show but the permissions were not correct and would not allow me to copy files to the phone file system...

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't use any file manager, just did a normal Windows install of the .exe file ..

Sorry I wasn't clear, I installed the .exe fine, got the dirvers loaded..
You DID use a file manager if you xfered any data (pic/docs/music etc) from your computer to the phone be it 'explorer' or what not.
Since all laptop/desktop configs vary I've seen this type of , works for me not for you way too often, too many variables.
My post resolved my config, if it helps someone else so much the better if not then it all goes in the bit bucket.

android alchemist

May 1, 2010
Visit site
should I reinstall sync after switching over to run compat, because I installed everything, then removed the drivers. phone is still not being picked up, in adb devices