Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Impulse purchased a DNA. Mixed feelings.

Yes, for another 12 days. I don't think I am, though my wife thinks I should just because she likes the (pebble blue) SGS3 color scheme better than the DNA.

I'm going to give it a few more days. I probably am going to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    Can't you return it?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quick update.

After 36 hours of use I'm going to say that battery life generally seems a bit better than the SGS3. I've not let it run a battery completely out yet to know for sure but I feel slightly less tethered to the charger so far.

The other thing is that it isn't very comfortable to hold while running. I'd gotten used to the sgs3 and it seemed in the store like the DNA isn't really that much thicker in terms of circumference but it is. Its tough to run 5km with the DNA.

I also had a bizarre thing happen with google music today (which I listen to while I run). The player started doing uncommanded track advance and went crazy with it, I had to reboot the phone to get it to stop. No idea why that happened.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    I think we are in a good place at Verizon with devices. A choice can be made based on the features are important for you. If brand loyalties are important, you have that too.

I usually find myself wishing for whatever phone it is AT&T has. I wanted to give the Lumia 920 a try but the combination of losing a fair number of apps I use and having to switch carriers put it below the cut line. The One X and One X+ were phones I was having some geeklust for before the DNA came about, original Galaxy note - same story.

I also can't shake the feeling that LTE wasn't meant to be bolted onto CDMA and feel like at some random time when I really need it I will lose LTE.

Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Based on what? Certainly not real world use. The thing flies in all areas when I tried it and on my friends phone. Benchmarks don't mean anything for me anymore, as they rarely reflect my real world use anyway.

I also don't understand why you need to troll like this. The S3 is a smooth, great phone. So is the Maxx HD. So is the DNA. It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. Choice makes Android great...

You seem to have the best phone for you, as do we all...
    the barely running touchwiz was one of those inflamatory statements i mentioned earlier! my goal was to counter earlier statements about RAM. double the RAM doesnt turn a device into a superphone, their are allot of other factors involved. i agree about benchmarks, i think they are virtually useless and have no indication of real world use. obviously they are something to be used for performance ratings, but....

im not trolling. im trolling lite!! i just like to keep everyone on their toes. nothing i have said on this thread is false! is it not good to have counter ideas and thoughts? im also pissed and vocal at the travesty that the DNA didnt have a bigger battery. also more storage, but battery most. i like to come here and let everyone know. stir up the pot a little.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post
    Note 2 is a much more capable device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    much more capable of what?

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    the barely running touchwiz was one of those inflamatory statements i mentioned earlier! my goal was to counter earlier statements about RAM. double the RAM doesnt turn a device into a superphone, their are allot of other factors involved. i agree about benchmarks, i think they are virtually useless and have no indication of real world use. obviously they are something to be used for performance ratings, but....

im not trolling. im trolling lite!! i just like to keep everyone on their toes. nothing i have said on this thread is false! is it not good to have counter ideas and thoughts? im also pissed and vocal at the travesty that the DNA didnt have a bigger battery. also more storage, but battery most. i like to come here and let everyone know. stir up the pot a little.
    Not to be rude but stfu. U didn't buy the phone u don't plan on buying the phone. The poeple that bought it bought it because they liked it and were able to manage with the memory. Battery life is a non issue for me and mostly all who have bought it. If we flamed as much as you about the device we would not of bought it just like you chose not to buy it. So go buy your note 2 and be happy. They are both excellent devices and help android gain strength and grow.

ROM
    GummyNex/IMO's LeanKernel

Not sure if someone answered this for you or not, but the Facebook SMS only works for a small select number of devices for the time being. I can use it on my GNex, but not on an DInc2.
    Thanked by:

Are you still able to return it? I would after reading your posts. You should never feel like that after upgrading to the latest handset. Good luck. Even if your stuck with it you have options. Either stick with it, root it, or sell it and get the sgs3 again or possibly the note 2.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by zxphenomenalxz View Post
    Not to be rude but stfu.
    No.... It's rude.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who?, revtech and antw081 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zxphenomenalxz View Post
    Not to be rude but stfu. U didn't buy the phone u don't plan on buying the phone. The poeple that bought it bought it because they liked it and were able to manage with the memory. Battery life is a non issue for me and mostly all who have bought it. If we flamed as much as you about the device we would not of bought it just like you chose not to buy it. So go buy your note 2 and be happy. They are both excellent devices and help android gain strength and grow.

Yeah ok, just for you I will!!!! LOL! Samsung devices will never be in my stable! Terrible radios and terrible battery life. Gnex and S3 ugh! I am freaking thrilled with my Maxx, the Maxx and Maxx HD are the best phones I have ever owned and I have owned allot. it is just missing the pizazz of all the newest internals and that gorgeous screen. Oh we'll,ill live, razzing suckers like you will help me get though it!
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    I also had a bizarre thing happen with google music today (which I listen to while I run). The player started doing uncommanded track advance and went crazy with it, I had to reboot the phone to get it to stop. No idea why that happened.
    I think the issue is that your earphone jack was not fully inserted into the port.

I had the same issue before with my phone.

On some earphones you can play / pause & skip via buttons on the earphones. If your earphone jack is sliding in the port, your phone thinks you are pressing these buttons.
    You can always achieve your goal by lowering your expectations.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quick update.

After 36 hours of use I'm going to say that battery life generally seems a bit better than the SGS3. I've not let it run a battery completely out yet to know for sure but I feel slightly less tethered to the charger so far.

The other thing is that it isn't very comfortable to hold while running. I'd gotten used to the sgs3 and it seemed in the store like the DNA isn't really that much thicker in terms of circumference but it is. Its tough to run 5km with the DNA.

Some music apps advance with a shake of phone. Not sure if google music does that or not.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Quote Originally Posted by snppr22 View Post
    Not sure if someone answered this for you or not, but the Facebook SMS only works for a small select number of devices for the time being. I can use it on my GNex, but not on an DInc2.
    Well ****.

I think the Note 2 is really just a stretched out SGS3 and to me that really would have been a side grade. What does the Note 2 have (besides an s pen) that the SGS3 doesn't?

I agree besides for me the Note 2 is too big for a phone. I also have a Nexus 7, so no need.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocis View Post
    I agree besides for me the Note 2 is too big for a phone. I also have a Nexus 7, so no need.

I have the GNII and I love it! But, you know that's where we all have Apple beat, we have choices! And allot of great choices! There all really great smart phones, GN II, DNA, GSIII, ONE X! Just pick the one that's best for YOU!
    Thanked by:
    Wingznut likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Tippit View Post
    I have the GNII and I love it! But, you know that's where we all have Apple beat, we have choices! And allot of great choices! There all really great smart phones, GN II, DNA, GSIII, ONE X! Just pick the one that's best for YOU!
    Bingo. And that, at the end of the day, is what it's all about -- choices. With Apple you are locked into their entire system/world view tighter than sardines in a can. Just like the advent of the personal computer (PC) was 15-20 years ago, that's what android brings to the table now. TYVM but I really don't want to be a lemming-like Apple sheeple.
    Randall Tippit likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Another issue, which I saw now and then on the SGS3 but fairly rarely. The data connection will drop and doesn't come back without a reboot.

Impulse purchased a DNA. Mixed feelings.-uploadfromtaptalk1353879263073.jpg

Note no 4G or 3G or anything.

Sent from my Droid DNA

I've had that happen to me one time, also sometimes, my WiFi goes in and out and I have to restart Wi-Fi.

The Nottinator

I have the same data connection issue on my droid RAZR HD' especially if I am in a building for a long period of time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

It's clearly not a signal issue because it immediately comes back with a reboot, but nothing else seems to get it to come back (toggling airplane mode or what not). I'm not sure if this is a CDMA+LTE sucks thing, or an android ... could use some polish thing, but I haven't ever seen this on Windows Phone or iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by jcochran1977 View Post
    I have the same data connection issue on my droid RAZR HD' especially if I am in a building for a long period of time.

I agree totally it only happens on my RAZR not my iPhone ;(

Quote Originally Posted by antw081 View Post
    I think the issue is that your earphone jack was not fully inserted into the port.

I had the same issue before with my phone.

On some earphones you can play / pause & skip via buttons on the earphones. If your earphone jack is sliding in the port, your phone thinks you are pressing these buttons.
    I haven't seen this on mine but had it bad with the Bionic. If your S3 didn't have this in the same locations get the phone replaced.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

This is off topic, but your notification bar is packed!

I am one of those guys who has to compulsively clear my notification bar. Not too sure why I do that.
    You can always achieve your goal by lowering your expectations.

I am one of those guys who has to compulsively clear my notification bar. Not too sure why I do that.
    LOL, me too!

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    lazarus2297 and Rizz1-2 like this.

ROM
    Viper

This is off topic, but your notification bar is packed!

Was thinking the same thing. Why o why will htc not get rid of that awful wifi notification?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast