Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree46Likes

Default Re: Impulse purchased a DNA. Mixed feelings.

I'm having my own issues with Bluetooth. I listen to music or podcasts throughout the day and when I get a call I answer and can't hear or talk on the headset. If I turn it to speaker or handset, I still can't hear. I also can't make calls out with the headset connected unless I use handset speaker only. It needs a reboot to fix the issue. I've only ever had froyo and gingerbread so I don't know if this is an issue of the phone or jb. Picking up a note 2 today so I will see how that works.

The Nottinator
    jcochran1977 likes this.

I was switching back and forth from speaker phone to blue tooth during calls see my exp here Droid DNA - BAD Bluetooth Car Phone Call Audio? And intermittent garbled non-BT calls?

So far I haven't had this problem on the note.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~
    You know, Verizon extends their 14 day return policy during the holidays.

I was told I can return it, no questions asked, up until January 14th!

Makes getting the DNA a low risk deal, in my mind! Hey, by January 14th, I'll know if I love this device or not, and the honeymoon will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I'm having my own issues with Bluetooth. I listen to music or podcasts throughout the day and when I get a call I answer and can't hear or talk on the headset. If I turn it to speaker or handset, I still can't hear. I also can't make calls out with the headset connected unless I use handset speaker only. It needs a reboot to fix the issue. I've only ever had froyo and gingerbread so I don't know if this is an issue of the phone or jb. Picking up a note 2 today so I will see how that works.

The Nottinator
    Not knowing what brand of Bluetooth headset you are using it could be that or is to old and not compatible with the DNA

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    Not knowing what brand of Bluetooth headset you are using it could be that or is to old and not compatible with the DNA

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Plantronics 903+, bluetooth 4.0

It's the Dna having problems, works on my note 2 and older incredible just fine.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #132  

Probably final update. I still have the DNA past the 14 day return period. Strangely though, I missed the SGS3 and reactived it on a new line as well, so for a while I'll have the two personal phones. I like running with the SGS3 quite a bit more because it's easier to hold in my hand while I run and the SGS3 is still a very good device but after a day with it and swapping back and forth between them, the DNA does feel like an actual upgrade rather than a sidegrade.

The bluetooth oddities with the DNA are still pretty annoying, and I am already running up against the lack of storage. If we knew for certain a DNA-like device with either expandable memory or One X+ style upgrading to 64 GB happens there shouldn't be any question about waiting for it. 16 GB is a bigger issue than I thought it would be.

I have no problems with the battery life at all, though I haven't put it through a real test yet (meaning, when I'm traveling and don't have immediate access to a charger, will I feel like I'm afraid to use it for battery life).

Camera performs a bit better than the SGS3 in my opinion, but only a bit. Not formally measured for noise or sensitivity of course, just gut feeling.

And as a side note, as always, if you have an unlimited plan with verizon, it is absolutely not worth any phone subsidy to give it up. Keep that unlimited plan until they pry it from your cold, dead, geeky fingers.

Great, I just lost the pool!!! I had you down for a return in the office pool here.

Quote Originally Posted by linebusy View Post
    Great, I just lost the pool!!! I had you down for a return in the office pool here.
    You're bad
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #135  

Quote Originally Posted by RLGL1 View Post
    You're bad
    But perfectly good

Sent from my Droid DNA

If a 32gig version comes out and you just must have it, ghost line it and pay the extra $10 a month.

I'm sticking with my Rezound for now. Ticked that HTC isn't dropping Jelly Bean on it (yes, I actually like Sense), but aside from JB features that I like (my N7 is awesome), and 720p compared to 1080p, the no sdcard expansion is my number one holdback. I have a 64gb card in the Rezound, so I'm spoiled for available space for all my chunky data and media files.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp39 View Post
    If a 32gig version comes out and you just must have it, ghost line it and pay the extra $10 a month.
    Explain how I can ghost a phone on an account please, this is new to me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Explain how I can ghost a phone on an account please, this is new to me.

Been awhile, things may have changed but: add a new line to a family account and get DNA for it. Transfer the new DNA to your existing phone number and put a dumbphone on the new line. Since the dumbphone doesn't require a data plan, it can be downgraded to $10 a month plan... you now have a new DNA and the "cost" is $240 over 2 years ($10 month x 24 months)

Okay, I'm familiar with that just not the terminology. I did this but since all my dumb phones are Alltel, they won't reactivate them so I'm stuck with the $40 smartphone plan.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Okay, I'm familiar with that just not the terminology. I did this but since all my dumb phones are Alltel, they won't reactivate them so I'm stuck with the $40 smartphone plan.
    "Alltel-Wan Kenobi? Alltel? Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time. A long time."

That name is actually back in the marketplace now serving 6 states. Some company in ME or Mass owns it now, they bought it from Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    Ok. Well, my priorities are my kid n bills. I'm not willing to live on ramen n water. I like to cook, and I've been poor, not by choice, I mean poorer than I am now n it's not fun. I couldn't even afford a cheap phone 5 yrs ago . I lived n a homeless shelter n I just know Where my money should go. It isn't multiple phones, but if u don't have a spouse n kids to support, more power to ya.

O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_
    I hear you loud and clear. I was unemployed for a yr. I understand completely. Some ppl think nothing bad can happen. Be happy with what you have and grateful. I am upgrading in March but my responsibilities come first. I never want to be close to homelessness ever.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by TimeHunter View Post
    I'm sticking with my Rezound for now. Ticked that HTC isn't dropping Jelly Bean on it (yes, I actually like Sense), but aside from JB features that I like (my N7 is awesome), and 720p compared to 1080p, the no sdcard expansion is my number one holdback. I have a 64gb card in the Rezound, so I'm spoiled for available space for all my chunky data and media files.
    How do you like the Rezound? It's only $.01 on Amazon compared to $150 for the Droid DNA, so I'm debating whether or not I should upgrade to a superior device. I live in CA so I'd still have to pay like an extra $70 on tax alone either way, but the Rezound does have expandable memory and comes with those over-hyped earbuds..
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456