Impulse purchased a DNA. Mixed feelings.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I meant I was taking your advice and using the dolphin browser.

Lol why would you answer my question and then tell me to google it? I was wondering about your specific experience since you just came from an S3 and reports of the DNAs battery life are inconsistent.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Lol why would you answer my question and then tell me to google it? I was wondering about your specific experience since you just came from an S3 and reports of the DNAs battery life are inconsistent.

And to be specific: right now battery life is tracking the SGS3 pretty much identically. Maybe just a touch worse but that could be because it's a new phone so I'm fiddling with it a bit more than typical day-to-day use.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
And to be specific: right now battery life is tracking the SGS3 pretty much identically. Maybe just a touch worse but that could be because it's a new phone so I'm fiddling with it a bit more than typical day-to-day use.

I always run a phone out twice before passing judgement on the battery. So I will know more Sunday how it compares.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a GS3 and I agree it's only a slight upgrade in terms of specs. However, it definitely feels more solid and in my opinion looks nicer.

BTW, I typically sell my old phones for at least 200 to 300 dollars, so that's how I'm able to afford full priced phones every six months. I also don't have that much debt. O:) Device junky that I am.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Besides the screen, you are not really upgrading much coming from a SGS3 to DNA. It's a trade that you win some and you lose some. If I am you, I would have waited for something else.

Better hardware(I. E. Processor) as well...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I came from gs3. I feel it is an upgrade for a few reasons.. build quality. Bigger screen with better quality. Camera tad better . Feels faster to me as well.. I contemplated waiting for note 2 but that really would of felt like less of an upgrade to me. It would of been same phone with a bigger screen and a few stylus dedicated apps. I have no remorse and I am the type that usually does. I bought the 8x on launch day and returned it next day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Dual core vs quad core. Big difference

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Priorities. It's amazing what you can do if you are willing to live on ramen and water for a few years.

I feel guilty about it in a sort of weird, "I should have just spent the money on Apple stock" sort of way.

Ok. Well, my priorities are my kid n bills. I'm not willing to live on ramen n water. I like to cook, and I've been poor, not by choice, I mean poorer than I am now n it's not fun. I couldn't even afford a cheap phone 5 yrs ago . I lived n a homeless shelter n I just know Where my money should go. It isn't multiple phones, but if u don't have a spouse n kids to support, more power to ya.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, as hobbies go, mobile devices are rather cheap. As compared to something like Home Theater where a nice projector can set you back $30,000-$50,000.....and that's just the beginning....then you have carpet, seating, components like amplifiers, processors....and on and on...or what about cars as a hobby........talk about MONEY.

Yeah, I can't afford hobbies like that. I have bills to pay n a family to feed. I'm lucky I got the phone I did. My husband is on work comp n just had back surgery, n we really couldn't afford it, but I worked extra hours n threw a fit so I got it. It WAS my bday present after all n I worked my ass off to pay for it.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Dual core vs quad core. Big difference

in daily use? how so? in my opinion it is absolutely not a big difference. are you speaking in reference to gaming? because otherwise, my dual core maxx hd opens apps just as fast, it checks and navigates emails as fast, it opens the phonebook as fast, it texts as fast, etc., etc. for your average daily use there is no visible difference. for the defenders. i know quad core is superior and has much more processing power, but in daily use, it is not visible. and yes, this is side by side comparison.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
in daily use? how so? in my opinion it is absolutely not a big difference. are you speaking in reference to gaming? because otherwise, my dual core maxx hd opens apps just as fast, it checks and navigates emails as fast, it opens the phonebook as fast, it texts as fast, etc., etc. for your average daily use there is no visible difference. for the defenders. i know quad core is superior and has much more processing power, but in daily use, it is not visible. and yes, this is side by side comparison.

I agree with this in general. When more multi-tasking is in use, I think the difference is a bit more noticable. But for general use, day to day tasks, I think the phones software has more to do with speed at this point than dual/quad core ..

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this in general. When more multi-tasking is in use, I think the difference is a bit more noticable. But for general use, day to day tasks, I think the phones software has more to do with speed at this point than dual/quad core ..

The amount of RAM is also gonna make one of the biggest differences. The 2GB in my S3 allows me to multitask all day.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
The amount of RAM is also gonna make one of the biggest differences. The 2GB in my S3 allows me to multitask all day.

the 2GB of RAM in the S3 allows it to barely run Touch Wiz!!! i believe this is why the Maxx HD beat it 3 out of 5 benchmarks with basically same processor specs, but S3 having 2GB of RAM vs 1GB .

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the DNA as nearly enough of an upgrade over a GS3. No SD or removable battery is really poor planning and the 1080p is nice, but adds zero functionality.

Note 2 is a much more capable device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
the 2GB of RAM in the S3 allows it to barely run Touch Wiz!!! i believe this is why the Maxx HD beat it 3 out of 5 benchmarks with basically same processor specs, but S3 having 2GB of RAM vs 1GB .

I don't see how does having 1.1 gig of ram free on touchwiz is barely having free ram. That is more than what the Maxx HD has at its maximum. How much free ram do you have? 500? Guess what? We still double your ram.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how does having 1.1 gig of ram free on touchwiz is barely having free ram. That is more than what the Maxx HD has at its maximum. How much free ram do you have? 500? Guess what? We still double your ram.

and we still beat you 3 out of 5 benchmarks! im not sure what your point is. i was just replying to hossman's statement about the 2GB in the S3

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
the 2GB of RAM in the S3 allows it to barely run Touch Wiz!!! .
Based on what? Certainly not real world use. The thing flies in all areas when I tried it and on my friends phone. Benchmarks don't mean anything for me anymore, as they rarely reflect my real world use anyway.

I also don't understand why you need to troll like this. The S3 is a smooth, great phone. So is the Maxx HD. So is the DNA. It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. Choice makes Android great...

You seem to have the best phone for you, as do we all... :)