browser can't get current location

Chris Suich

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble with the browser on my DNA not being able to detect my current location. This makes other apps that use browser in background not able to find location as well. I have checked the browser settings and location is enabled. Google maps app can detect location. Maps.Google.com cannot detect.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot or fix.

Thanks

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yup. I had The exact same issue and it was bugging me for a long time as well. I finally found the solution. Go to Settings, Accounts and Sync, Google, Location... In there , make sure the 2nd one is checked "Location and Google search". I have both checked.

That did it for me ..

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am bugged by the lack of a named location on my home screen. It just says current Location. I have enabled browser and settings. Google now seems to be the only App who knows where it is located. Is my locator broken??

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I am bugged by the lack of a named location on my home screen. It just says current Location. I have enabled browser and settings. Google now seems to be the only App who knows where it is located. Is my locator broken??

Do this
Fixed by clearing existing websites in browser
Settings->privacy&security->enable location

Then restarted phone

and this

Yup. I had The exact same issue and it was bugging me for a long time as well. I finally found the solution. Go to Settings, Accounts and Sync, Google, Location... In there , make sure the 2nd one is checked "Location and Google search". I have both checked.

That did it for me ..

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1354295835696.jpg
Did what you describe change the home screen weather clock to update the city I am currently in?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I did the actions you described and I still got this home screen weather clock reading this. When you personalize the clock I can not pick my city. I was hoping for this to be a automatic feature, like in my two year old phone! So I think I have enabled and cleared everything I can plus, I restarted the phone. Thoughts?

AaronSimmons

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. When I setup my phone it registered the city I work in, however when I leave to the city I live in it doesn't update and it states that it can not find my current location. I've followed the above steps as well and no luck. I heard using a different weather app/widget works that it has something to do with Accuweather, but I haven't tried that yet.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Sense weather widget is a bit wonky with location sometimes. Your original post was asking about location in your BROWSER, and those solutions should have fixed that .. Sorry.

AaronSimmons

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess I hijacked the thread...I just installed Zooper Widget and it is having the same issue, but I believe it is using the Sense weather widget for info.

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
jytyqu3e.jpg

Ok after a search here at AC forum
Here is the fix, in PHONE settings go to Date and Time then uncheck the automatic time and automatic date boxes. Boom done the weather clock will now update your local named town. Merry Christmas!!

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Now just got to figure out how to make sure I am not posting things twice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star