Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IPhone 5 versus HTC DNA

I have an iPhone 5 currently and I do love it but I really like android... Thoughts?? I have a little bit of spare money and am highly considering buying this device :-) :o:rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

Default Re: IPhone 5 versus HTC DNA

Sell your iPhone 5. If it's in good condition, and by good I mean "like new," then I say sell it on eBay. I just sold my S3 and got $440+ for it to get my DNA. I don't think you will have trouble selling your iPhone 5.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Its in amazing condition and its a 32gb one

My big hold back is battery life

Quote Originally Posted by jcochran1977 View Post

The DNA is a superior phone to the iPhone 5 in my opinion. If you have a 32 GB iPhone you should be able to get a lot of cash for it. Maybe $600-$650.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

If u aren't the type to stream for hrs watch movies all day and all that stuff you are good. I just got off work 6am 730pm. Prolly won't get home til 8. My phone is on 14%. I've posted about this many times. I text a lot. Blog ( ac and Twitter) read news on pulse and take pictures. I could use a mid day charge but I don't.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Buy it and use them both. You can get an adapter for the nano sim to work in the DNA and enjoy the best of both worlds!

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I also came back to Android and moved up to the DNA from the iphone 4s, The battery life is just as good if not better than the 4s.
    jcochran1977 likes this.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Nexus View Post
    Sell your iPhone 5. If it's in good condition, and by good I mean "like new," then I say sell it on eBay. I just sold my S3 and got $440+ for it to get my DNA. I don't think you will have trouble selling your iPhone 5.
    You got $440 for your S3? Was it 16 or 32GB? I am selling mine which is. 16GB plus additional 16 GB micro SD. Mint condition
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I won't lie that is my temptation :-)

Where can I find an adaptor cause in know the iPhone 5 has a tinier sim than most?

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I had an s3 before I got my iPhone 5 and sold it for about 650 with some accessories on eBay back when the 5 first came out. My S3 was the 16gb but I did have a 32 GB card in it-- never used that much storage though.

I have an iPhone 5 currently and I do love it but I really like android... Thoughts?? I have a little bit of spare money and am highly considering buying this device :-) :o:rolleyes:

I will be selling my iPhone5. This phone crushes it. I've been wanting to switch to android, but needed the right device. (Returned the s3).
    jcochran1977 likes this.

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

I won't lie that is my temptation :-)

Where can I find an adaptor cause in know the iPhone 5 has a tinier sim than most?

I read in another thread that Amazon has them and they are dirt cheap... I think I remember it being less than $2.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    jcochran1977 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thank you...I am going to my Verizon store tomorrow to see if there is one I can play with.

Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    If u aren't the type to stream for hrs watch movies all day and all that stuff you are good. I just got off work 6am 730pm. Prolly won't get home til 8. My phone is on 14%. I've posted about this many times. I text a lot. Blog ( ac and Twitter) read news on pulse and take pictures. I could use a mid day charge but I don't.

at work?

ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
    You got $440 for your S3? Was it 16 or 32GB? I am selling mine which is. 16GB plus additional 16 GB micro SD. Mint condition
    It was a 32GB and I gave my 32GB Class 10 PNY MicroSD card along with it. It was in almost perfect condition.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

It was a 32GB and I gave my 32GB Class 10 PNY MicroSD card along with it. It was in almost perfect condition.
    Thanks. Good deal

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Yeah. Lol my job isn't that hard. I normally deliver lights. Get 2 hours of break time. Also I sit around and wait a lot.. so gives me time for this stuff

Privacy is overrated :P
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I know you do not want to hear this one, but you should have held out for more. Glad you got it sold though. I made up my mind awhile ago on what i wanted for mine and turned down more than one offer....

Default IPhone 5 versus HTC DNA

Depends on what you need and want in a phone. My only sticking point with the DNA is the storage, but google music fixes that right up. I would certainly say that the DNA is better in every way than the s3, with the exception of storage, so it would be a great device to get.

Me? I haven't decided. I'm very interested in the new 8X, but I can wait a bit to decide.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

i can agree with most of what you say except unless you are on unlimited GMusic is not a good answer

Global Posts
    8,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

You have an iPhone 5 and are on an Android site asking if you should get the DNA...of course you should get the DNA!

Seriously, you'll probably get good money for the iPhone 5 to put toward the DNA and only come out of pocket a little. Battery life will also depend on how much you use the device and if you need to keep every app sync'd and stream music throughout the day . If you can swing it purchase the DNA and use it for a couple of days. If you like it, keep it and sell the iPhone 5...if you don't like it, return it (DNA) and get your money back (less restocking fee) and fall back on the iPhone.

ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I know you do not want to hear this one, but you should have held out for more. Glad you got it sold though. I made up my mind awhile ago on what i wanted for mine and turned down more than one offer....
    You're right, I should've held out for more. I was just worried about either charging too much that no one would want it, or that I would charge too little and not get its value, so I just setup in between, I suppose.

I just wanna throw my 2 cents in here! I was due for an upgrade (had the droid bionic) and hesitantly ordered the iPhone 5. Had it ONE day and returned it. I am a droid fan and although I don't speak ill will of the iPhone, I hated it!!! Pre-ordered the droid DNA and received it a few days later and love it! The battery life kicks the Bionic's **** too.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Does Verizon have a trade in program? I could at least pay for like half of it with the trade in the rest in cash

Does Verizon have a trade in program? I could at least pay for like half of it with the trade in the rest in cash

Yes they do but you won't get as much as if you sold it yourself. Pop it on Ebay while the christmas rush is on and you should do pretty well. I hope you enjoy what ever phone you decide on getting as long as its the DNA..j/k lol
    Just returned from the iworld, what a long strange trip its been.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast