Best Browser for Droid DNA (Stock vs Chrome vs Firefox)?

Raiders Fan 223

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I've been stuck on the Thunderbolt and have primarily used the stock browser. I'm thinking about making a switch when I get a DNA.

Has anyone used all Chrome or Firefox on the DNA? How do they compare in terms of load times, rendering, add-ons, speed, etc.

Thanks! :)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
On my Gnex, I always used Chrome. On the DNA I have to say I love the stock browser I find it faster and more responsive. Quick reflowing of text on zooming, and I like the UI overall. I will be sticking with the stock browser for some time - this coming from a pretty loyal Android Chrome user for the past year ...

Haven't had the need to try Firefox out yet on the DNA, sorry.

hotmonkas

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i haven't used firefox yet, but after using the stock and chrome browsers, i feel that the stock one is smoother overall. although, chrome did get a much higher score on Browsermark for me than on the stock browser. but one major issue i had with chrome was it was using over 30% of my battery after every charge, even though i turned off all syncing and didn't do too much web browsing. i ended up uninstalling it and using the stock browser instead. my battery life seems much longer now.

EDIT: btw, i get a little over 15% of battery usage with the stock browser after each charge now. however, this is all assuming that my usage of the device is pretty consistent.

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 and went with xScope Pro because it handled Flash best on JB (up until 4.2 anyway). I really like xScope - its smooth and fast, doesn't waste screen space, and has some useful swipe gestures for forward/back, zoom, changing tabs, etc. Takes a little getting used to, but I prefer it over Chrome and a little better than the stock browser. I haven't tried Chrome on the DNA, but wasn't happy with it on the N7 - it was really sluggish. Maybe the S4 Pro handles it better than the Tegra 3?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had a bit of issues with chrome on the DNA, so I went back to stock browser. I like it, its nice and fast. However I always have the feeling that its not being closed all the way. With chrome you could swipe all the tabs away and then exit the browser. With the stock, you just have to hit home. Im not sure why this bugs me, maybe I'm worried its still doing stuff in the background, because I know it shouldn't.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have tried all three, and so far, I've ruled out Chrome as my least favorite. Just personal preference, no quantifiable reason.
I'm now using Firefox, and I like it a lot, but I'll need a few more days with both (FF and stock) to decide which I like better.

You're just going to have to try them out, and go with whichever you prefer. There isn't one that is definitively "best."

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had issues with Chrome 'lagging' when trying to type anything into the URL on a bunch of phones I've owned now....so so far Im sticking with stock but will probably go to Chrome because of its integration and syncing with desktop stuff.