Gorilla Glass 2 already scratched. Very disappointed.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I say look at it like this. If you run naked you will get some scuffs or scratches. Just a matter of when.

ONE BAD ASS NOTE 2 ON A BAD ASS JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM

tre flip

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Thats the kind of thing that i won't even want to use the phone. If you just got it then take it back. If its before the 15 day grace period then they replace it no questions asked. They even have a x has promotion that gets your more time. Sounds shady but tell them that it keeps turning off on you all the time or make up something. Good luck

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I understand some screen protectors make screen less responsive and tacky but I got the oleophobic ultra clear and it feels just like the glass on my phone. I know gorilla glass is nice but from the last 2 phones that I had sooner or later they scratched. I have always purchased screen protectors. Just don't get zagg hd.
Not not does it not look like hd once it's on but it is tacky and does not work well with the stylus. I recommend the spigen brand. And also, don't get the reusable protectors, they always feel tacky.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Go naked.. Always do and have.. If I get a little scratch I don't care.. Do you put plastic on your couches too so you don't sit on the pleather?
Do you put your remotes in plastic sandwich bags?
Is ok if you do.. I'm not not ocd about my phone.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Go naked.. Always do and have.. If I get a little scratch I don't care.. Do you put plastic on your couches too so you don't sit on the pleather?
Do you put your remotes in plastic sandwich bags?
Is ok if you do.. I'm not not ocd about my phone.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Your couch is not a visual item that you spend your time looking directly at. So these examples do not hold water.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
You should really watch the Videos i posted on about the Truth about Gorilla Glass, just saying....glass will scratch that's a given.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Freakin sweatpants! My brand new DNA (owned it less than 24 hours) slipped out of my shallow pocket and skittered face down across my hardwood floor when I stood up from the couch. Gorilla or no gorilla, I now have lots of very minor scratches across the screen. You could only see them when the screen was off and there was a direct light reflecting in the glass. I just got back from the ZAGG kiosk in our local mall. I'll let it cure, and see how it goes, but I've already confirmed you can't see the scratches anymore. Long story short, I am no longer a "naked" type of guy. Case (with a lip) and a screenie for me from here on out!

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Case (with a lip) and a screenie for me from here on out!

It's kind of a shame, right? Such a sleek, slim, lightweight, aesthetically pleasing phone with a gorgeous display--but because I'm paranoid of scratching or dropping it, it's in a fat case and a screen protector lol. I'm debating on whether or not I should shell out $$ for phone protection, and downgrade to a thin TPU case.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I get a new phone,

1) case goes on it the second it gets taken out of the box
2) screen protector gets put on the second it gets taken out of the box

I'm one of the really anal ones that cringes at the smallest nick or scratch, so this is a standard for me. The case and screen protector don't hinder the experience the device delivers whatsoever. IMO, you can never be too careful. Protecting your device right out of the box and treating it well will give it a nice long life and leave the resell value on the higher end.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Since I switch phones at least once a year, I'm not trying to hinder the design by putting on cases and screen protectors. To each their own, though.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Since I switch phones at least once a year, I'm not trying to hinder the design by putting on cases and screen protectors. To each their own, though.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion

I'm the same way when it comes to phones but I put cases on my phones so they look brand new when I sell them

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
2 weeks with my dna and it still looks brand new. Good thing Im careful with my phones. Trying to get a case this week though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
2 weeks with my dna and it still looks brand new. Good thing Im careful with my phones. Trying to get a case this week though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I'm extra careful too. I haven't dropped a phone since my Palm Treo 700WX LOL. Now let me go find some wood to knock on!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
In all fairness to Corning, the 'scratches' people usually see are on the coatings that sit on top of the glass, not the glass itself. (most of the hairline scratches are of that type)

Chris MacClellan

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
What are the odds! I picked up a new HTC One last week and have not even put it in my pocket as my case has not arrived yet. Today it spent about 2 hours in my........get this **sweatpants** cargo pocket and I just wiped it down with a microfiber cloth and noticed a nice 1/8th deep scratch on the edge of the screen............un-freaking real!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
And people dont believe me when I tell them small rock particles in dirt and dust as well as sand can and will end up in your pocket without your playing in a sandpit or collecting rocks. Sucks that happened to you new phone. But word of caution, gorilla glass can only be scratched by things harder than it. This does not include knives and keys, moreso rocks and sand. Even the smallest of particles.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What are the odds! I picked up a new HTC One last week and have not even put it in my pocket as my case has not arrived yet. Today it spent about 2 hours in my........get this **sweatpants** cargo pocket and I just wiped it down with a microfiber cloth and noticed a nice 1/8th deep scratch on the edge of the screen............un-freaking real!

Obviously there was something in the pocket that wasn't supposed to be there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
And people dont believe me when I tell them small rock particles in dirt and dust as well as sand can and will end up in your pocket without your playing in a sandpit or collecting rocks. Sucks that happened to you new phone. But word of caution, gorilla glass can only be scratched by things harder than it. This does not include knives and keys, moreso rocks and sand. Even the smallest of particles.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

This is science folks, the lady is right. Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski