Why So Little Advertising Support For The DNA???...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
...It almost seems as if Big Red wants to keep this not-so-little gem a secret. When they introduced the ipnone 4/4s/5 or the GS3 or the Note/Note2 it seemed like all you could see on TV were ads for these devices. Not so much as a blip with the DNA. This thing should be positively huge but no one even knows about it (inculding many Verizon employees...lol)

Or was all that advertising directly from Apple and/or Samsung and HTC just doesn't have the budget to support their devices in the media like Samsung?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
How are the iPhone, GS3, N2 different than the DNA?

The former 3 are carried by more than one carrier. Hence the manufacturer's money is well spent in advertising. Not so with the DNA.

Have you noticed that many of the commercials you see are by the manufacturer and not a carrier?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How are the iPhone, GS3, N2 different than the DNA?

The former 3 are carried by more than one carrier. Hence the manufacturer's money is well spent in advertising. Not so with the DNA.

Have you noticed that many of the commercials you see are by the manufacturer and not a carrier?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

The razrs are only Verizon. See a ton of them. Maxx, razr i. Sure Verizon has something to do with ads . They could have done something . I mean they did a special event for it and a early unboxing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
For us who've taken the dive for the DNA it's all our own pleasant little secret for now...
Op is on about lack of advertizing but perhaps they wanted to see how the phone was recieved (any it's limits) before sinking a bunch of cash on tv

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
...It almost seems as if Big Red wants to keep this not-so-little gem a secret. When they introduced the ipnone 4/4s/5 or the GS3 or the Note/Note2 it seemed like all you could see on TV were ads for these devices. Not so much as a blip with the DNA. This thing should be positively huge but no one even knows about it (inculding many Verizon employees...lol)

Or was all that advertising directly from Apple and/or Samsung and HTC just doesn't have the budget to support their devices in the media like Samsung?

Found this on youtube but I have never seen it aired on TV... however I don't watch a whole lot of TV, so have anyone actually seen it?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, great ad. Really seems to hit all the relevant selling points and does it well. Too bad this hasn't made it to wide distribution.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this counts but my corp store had a huge decal/display on the back wall. However, the phone isn't out on display.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this ad on tv before. Maybe it depends on the area as far as marketing goes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

gabe21

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
My local store still has no stock of the DNA. I would think as soon as they get stock in most all stores then they will start advertising.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't see what is so special about that ad nothing that would make me look at the tv like an apple or Samsung commercial

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Neither of the stores near my house have any in stock. At least not as of Wednesday. No need to advertise if you don't have any units to sell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if "1080" is a a catchy enough name for regular folks to take notice (vs. Retina display).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums