Any way to turn off vibration for notifications?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the blinking front and back LED's but I hate the vibration. I looked in settings but I couldn't find a way to turn this off. Am I missing something?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Notifications are handled per app I. E. Gmail, SMS, Facebook. Check the app's settings.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You may have to turn them of by app, ex messages in the settings will have a place too disable vibrate for notifications one might want to have email vibrate but not text or via versa

OllyKilo

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely crap UX. If you turn off vibrate, it should be off. Not allow the apps to do what the hell they like, effectively overriding system setting. Fragmented UX, absolute b0llocks.

Garythomas Schmalz

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
You must go to @ app then hit the options key next to the home key, look for settings, then notifications for each one......text, then email, in my case fb. There is no blanket notification vibrate control in the phone's setting app.

Garythomas Schmalz

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
U must go to each app that you want to adjust vibrate on individually then hit the options key next to the home key look for settings then notifications and then vibrate.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
For SMS/MMS I've found it's either all or nothing with vibrate notifications for the DNA (un-rooted). I prefer to have the phone vibrate when the ringer is set to vibrate and only have a sound notification when in normal mode. When I un-check the option it won't vibrate ever. It's very annoying.

Jashhh

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Oh my god you are a hero. This solved my problem with the Galaxy S8. Whatsapp settings were vibration=OFF for all messages but still it kept vibrating when receiving messages. Now it seemed to have been because the phone-settings gave vibration signals on any kind of message in the settings you refer to.

Jashhh

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Oh my god you are a hero. This solved my problem with the Galaxy S8. Whatsapp settings were vibration=OFF for all messages but still it kept vibrating when receiving messages. Now it seemed to have been because the phone-settings gave vibration signals on any kind of message in the settings you refer to. I was thinking about this for days and now i finally have it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax