Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Second time today with "no sim" error notification. Anyone else?

I have to turn my DNA off and back on to get my signal back.

Default Re: Second time today with "no sim" error notification. Anyone else?

I would take the sim out and put it back, if you still have trouble take it to your Verizon store.
    Just returned from the iworld, what a long strange trip its been.

Yes it happened to me yesterday and this morning, restart fixes it. Stopped at a Verizon store , the CSR pulled out SIM card cleaned off fingertips and placed back in. So far so good.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rickc1015 View Post
    I have to turn my DNA off and back on to get my signal back.
    I had the same issue last week. I restarted the phone and it was fine. Then it happened the next day and I restarted and it was fine. hasn't done it this week, but kind of annoying.

Happened to me last night (after first reporting a puk lock error). Verizon replaced the SIM and the error hasn't reoccured yet. This does seem pretty common for the DNA though.

Sent from my Droid DNA

i guess this same issue is on going with this and the gs3 upon looking up no sim error verizon most are of the gs3 . so this falls onto verizon not the maker as was speculated in other threads its very annoying !!

Keep an eye on how the SIM is handled when they install it. I have seen VZW employees very careful not to handle the contacts and have actually watched one handle the contacts and then lick it and wipe it on his pants!!! And we wonder why there is SIM issues.

Had this happen to me. I noticed the SIM door wasn't completely flush with the top of the phone. All I did was push the SIM door in a little further with my finger nail and haven't had a problem since.

Wife had the same problem as well and solution above seemed to fix her too

Seems the folks at vZ are being a bit lax on installing these (he did mine but I am ok), trend is a reseat fixes the problem.. we'll see in a few weeks if people have recurring issue

ROM
    ViperRez 1.0.3

The SIM on the DNA is embedded. The reps in the store shouldn't have to handle it at all. If you continue to get NO SIM errors try taking out the sim then starting up the phone without the sim installed. Once it's started up you can shut down and install the sim and restart. This should help with most of the issues.
    Moto Razr -> Blackberry Curve -> SAW THE LIGHT! -> Droid Incredible -> HTC Rezound -> Droid DNA

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I got the PUK Locked error the second day I had this phone, the Verizon Rep restarted the phone and it has worked so far. Knock on wood.