Droid DNA va. NeXus 4 hardware...

X0LARIUM

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Alright,

I gave it some time. As people bought both, there is hardly anyone complaining about the DNA (hardware-wise) but one look at the nX4 forums and u can see people aren't exactly happy.

Yellow tint, screen-unresponsiveness, cracks and scratches, rattling and whirring sounds etc...
Wanted to know if any certain hardware issues I need to anticipate with the DNA...
Honestly, I was very very kicked about the nX4. But seeing all this, I want to play safe. So DNA, now, just looks perfect.
Reasons I am considering the DNA over nX4:

Screen size (for my magazine and book reading)

Beats Audio ( for the love of DnB and dubstep)

HTC Sense (though a resource hogger, looks pretty IMHO)

So, in the end, would you guys agree the hardware is better of the DNA than the nX4?

Thanx....

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure that's plausible but I wonder what the sales are for both. I mean for instance in the nexus has way more (which is possible since it's been out longer and can be used on more carriers around the world) then going to have more people talking about it. It's interesting you bring this up because people said the same thing about the HTC one X vs the gs3 as far as forum complaints and it could be that the one x is better built but the sales figures aren't even close either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

X0LARIUM

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure that's plausible but I wonder what the sales are for both. I mean for instance in the nexus has way more (which is possible since it's been out longer and can be used on more carriers around the world) then going to have more people talking about it. It's interesting you bring this up because people said the same thing about the HTC one X vs the gs3 as far as forum complaints and it could be that the one x is better built but the sales figures aren't even close either.

There is some sort of blind following for Samsung. Everywhere, people are just going mad. I don't get it. Its extremely bizarre. Its nothing but cheap plastic sold at a premium price. This is my opinion about Samsung. Secondly, I have a few friends who have oneX and I to call them content would be an understatement.

So yea, sales figures mean very little to me. I want to know, who exceeds whom hardware-wise...

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
There is some sort of blind following for Samsung. Everywhere, people are just going mad. I don't get it. Its extremely bizarre. Its nothing but cheap plastic sold at a premium price. This is my opinion about Samsung. Secondly, I have a few friends who have oneX and I to call them content would be an understatement.

So yea, sales figures mean very little to me. I want to know, who exceeds whom hardware-wise...

They have become the Apple of the Android world.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Not that I can claim to know the difference, but the DNA also has a different S4 Pro processor. Mickey glossed over it during this week's TCPJ podcast.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I agree but I'm not making it a Samsung vs HTC thing. Just merely stating that it's quite possible that devices that have mire in circulation would probably have more complaints but also more people satisfied just because of the volumes. Nothing personal against anyone or a device. I couldn't care less honestly. Not sure why people always feel the need to think they have a superior device on non factual, purely subjective data so they can feel good about their device. Just my thoughts.

PKnowles95

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
You know that the nX4's LTE chip can be easily unlocked right.....? If you have doubts head over to tmonews and they have a video of it being done.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
so you can chose a VZW branded, strangely shaped overly large 5" phone that is unlikely to receive official updates and whose bootloader is currently only unlocked through extremely shade means not to mention whose developer support is bound to pale in comparison

or a properly sized phone with same procesor and ram, great screen that wont drain the crap out of your battery which can be bought off contract for a great price.

seem obvious to me.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Only obvious if you are willing to leave VZW. After recent evidence that AT&T still can't handle adversity on their network, many folks in NY/NJ probably wouldn't think that's a good idea.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
so you can chose a VZW branded, strangely shaped overly large 5" phone that is unlikely to receive official updates and whose bootloader is currently only unlocked through extremely shade means not to mention whose developer support is bound to pale in comparison

or a properly sized phone with same procesor and ram, great screen that wont drain the crap out of your battery which can be bought off contract for a great price.

seem obvious to me.

I don't think its overly large. I think the size is perfect for my hand. I could care less about the bootloader. I like sense. I'm not going pre-paid, so the subsidized price of $199 is awesome.
DNA has a much better camera(very important to me). LTE out of the box. Better screen.....and it doesn't "drain the crap" out of my battery. My battery life stats are posted in other threads and I'm very happy with it.

Official updates is the only downside for me........which is irrelevant in this thread, as the title clearly asks about hardware.

For me, the DNA was the obvious choice.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its overly large. I think the size is perfect for my hand. I couldn't care less about the bootloader. I like sense. I'm not going pre-paid, so the subsidized price of $199 is awesome.
DNA has a much better camera(very important to me). LTE out of the box. Better screen.....and it doesn't "drain the crap" out of my battery. My battery life stats are posted in other threads and I'm very happy with it.

Official updates is the only downside for me........which is irrelevant in this thread, as the title clearly asks about hardware.

For me, the DNA was the obvious choice.
Exactly!!!

X0LARIUM

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Whoa! Tons of replies..thanx guys. I just wanted to know which device takes over the other hardware-wise...

Also, I have very little to do with LTE as in India, there is no 4G yet...

Performance was more of my question based on...
Thanks to all for replying...

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I think the main reason for the Samsung love is because they cover more bases with their devices. They may not have the best screen or the best camera to the One X or DNA, but they are a close second. Where they win is in a removable battery and sd card support. They cover all the bases while their competitors just don't. The same holds true for the Note 2 and will for the SGS4. They will crush the DNA simply because they listen to what their customers want. HTC doesn't.

Edit - But because the N4 also doesn't support these things then you are really left looking at durability, camera, speed, price and updates. The DNA wins on the first 2 but Nexus 4 reviews have been glowing on speed. The lack of Sense and bloatware is a speed booster. And I hate not getting updates. For me I would pick the Nexus 4 and save some money and be carrier free.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Folks jeep talking about the bloat that is sense and the lag it adds, but I just don't see it when comparing performance to my wife's GSIII. They are both screaming devices compared to my GNex.

Steve

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Folks jeep talking about the bloat that is sense and the lag it adds, but I just don't see it when comparing performance to my wife's GSIII. They are both screaming devices compared to my GNex.

Steve

The GNex is a much older and lower spec'd device than the S3. But most new phones are going to run plenty fast.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

seem obvious to me.
Look, the DNA is simply the better phone BAR NONE. There I said it! With the best network to back it up! I like to have my calls completed, not dropped! LTE BABY!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams