Anyone Experience Any Bluetooth Weirdness?....

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
... I'm finding that my phone sometimes disconnects and then has trouble reconnecting from my car's BT for no apparent reason. At these times I even seem to lose all phone service for a second or two and there's a little dialog bog that pops up telling me "The phone process has stopped" (or something like that). A reboot seems to help but it seems weird. Could this have anything to do with a sim card that is defective?

Any ideas about what's going on?

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried any other bluetooth equipment, ie headphones etc. What car do you drive year/model.
I haven't setup mine or GF in her car yet, mean to do it later today I suspect the phone is so new not many have done this yet since there were no responses, I'll set it up and she'll use it (on the phone often while she drives, hand free mind u) and will update at the end of the week..

Aerostar509

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like the problem that always happened with my Thunderbolt, the Rezound didn't do all those disconnects with my H17 headset. My DNA so far has worked great. One thing I like over the Rezound is that you can turn Bluetooth on while in airplane mode, the Rezound didn't allow this as far as I could tell. I read somewhere that the DNA has BT 4.0 in it. Each new phone has minor improvements in it. HTC and all phone makers, I guess, don't seem to do any refinements to existing software, if they did you would not want a new phone. I know this doesn't answer your question, I'm just telling my results so far. I have a 97 model car with Bluetooth and it doesn't work very well with the newer phones, and there isn't anyway to update it.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried any other bluetooth equipment, ie headphones etc. What car do you drive year/model.
I haven't setup mine or GF in her car yet, mean to do it later today I suspect the phone is so new not many have done this yet since there were no responses, I'll set it up and she'll use it (on the phone often while she drives, hand free mind u) and will update at the end of the week..
I have a 2011 BMW 535xi. I think I may have solved the problem. The phone has an advanced BT menue which has a setting for "Message Access." My car presumable supports the transfer of emails to the nav screen and can then read them out. Anyway I unchecked this box on the phone and it seemed to hook up alright this morning. I'll let you know if this has been resolved after a couple of more trips in the car. The phone seems to link up alright with my home phone's BT feature.

CD Hill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded from a Droid Incredible to the DNA and my Voice Dialer has become completely useless, although dictation works normally for lists and for texting. I began with my Plantronics BT-510, which worked almost flawlessly for two and a half years on the Dinc, then bought a new Plantronics M50. Neither of them recognizes ANY voice-dialed names; for CALL Line 2 at Home, it asks, "Simon Kohn?" and for Grace Hall it asks "Kate Sammage?" The 510 works fine if the call is hand-dialed or speed-dialed, although that was also a problem when I had more than one BT headset paired with the DNA at the same time - it seemed to be seeking to pair with the 2nd BT while I w3as using the 1st BT. HTC Support had no clue and suggested I review the Google boards - found nothing there. For some reason, the voice-dial routine seems to operate at a lower volume, so maybe there is not enough signal for the phone to read; the volume is normal when a call is completed. I may try Vlingo, or some other voice app to see if that is a workaround; else I'll try giving everybody a number. 1-Wife, 2-Son, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan