Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default To upgrade or not

Hello peeps. I have a razr right now and i love this thing. But i have an update on friday and the DNA is on my list. Do you think its worth my upgrade to get the this? I played with it yesterday and i freakin love it. I'm not a big fan of sense so will this have a big developing community like my razr? Only problem is if i upgrade i lose my unlimited data. What are your thoughts?

Default Re: To upgrade or not

Not worth upgrading losing unlimited data on lte. Getting 15mb down, 7.5 up.......You can blow thru some data at that rate. Used 500 mb just today.

The Nottinator

Depends on how much data you actually use. I lost my unlimited data when I upgraded to the dna, however turns out I've never used more than 1gb a month for the past 5 years...so it was fine for me. Also, in another thread it has been mentioned that root support is already underway. What that means in the way of custom roms is yet to be seen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I actually use a lot of data, mainly because i use Google play for my music. Almost all of my library (about 18 gigs) is on their and i stream it to my phone. I had an iphone 4 (Og droid before that) and im pretty sure i didnt use as much data. And i know theres only 11 gigs on storage here.. Most of the time im on wifi but when i listen to music in my car, its through the music app. Idk i benefit from the unlimited but eventually im gonna have to change but is it worth for this phone. Dont forget ive played with this device already and absolutely love it

Its your decision. What's good about the new plan is you can increase or decrease the data. I started with 6gig. Not using that much. 4gig suits me perfectly

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

this might help...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-question.html

i called today to confirm. they said yes. not sure if it will always be yes or it depends on who you talk to. i intend on doing this when i upgrade.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Okay I'll figure out the data dilemma. But do you think its worth the upgrade from a razr or should i just wait?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_g_baby View Post
    Okay I'll figure out the data dilemma. But do you think its worth the upgrade from a razr or should i just wait?
    This guy loved it when he saw demoed it at the store. Going on what he said... I'd say its worth it.

I played with it yesterday and i freakin love it.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

My brother has a RAZR and absolutely loves my DNA. Whether it is worth the upgrade is debatable. If you WANT a new phone, it is a great choice. If you are still happy with the RAZR, I would stick with it. I'm sure the next best thing will be out soon!

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I actually use a lot of data, mainly because i use Google play for my music. Almost all of my library (about 18 gigs) is on their and i stream it to my phone. I had an iphone 4 (Og droid before that) and im pretty sure i didnt use as much data. And i know theres only 11 gigs on storage here.. Most of the time im on wifi but when i listen to music in my car, its through the music app. Idk i benefit from the unlimited but eventually im gonna have to change but is it worth for this phone. Dont forget ive played with this device already and absolutely love it

I'd say go for it then. I mean if you love it, you love it. You could wait for a later phone but there's no guarantee you'll like it as much

Quote Originally Posted by enfuego360 View Post
    this might help...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-question.html

i called today to confirm. they said yes. not sure if it will always be yes or it depends on who you talk to. i intend on doing this when i upgrade.
    I upgraded my dumb phone to the DNA had it activated, then moved it to replace my Tbolt and reactivated the dumb phone on the line that I used the upgrade. I kept my unlimited data. I did this at a corporate store and they were not happy about it and even told me that it would void my warranty and I could not buy insurance on it. I told them to show me where that was stated in writing. They could not come up with anything and did sell me the insurance. They will try anything to get you to dump the unlimited. They tried to say that moving the phone to another one of my numbers was transferring ownership therefore voiding the warranty. They knew they were lying through their teeth since my name is the only name on all three lines.