Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Is there a launcher that works well with the DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by jerseykirby View Post
    I am currently not rooted due to taking the OTA update, does anyone know how to shut down the original Sense launcher so I stop getting the red notification on Nova?
    Get launcher switcher, set Nova as your home launcher, and to be sure you don't get any more notifications goto settings>apps >all >HTC Sense>clear defaults.

I run Nova on my DNA and have never gotten any Sense notifications.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Holo launcher. I've tried them all and Holo is the one I keep returning to. It's clean, no frills and fast.
    Thanked by:
    Imnutsnj likes this.

ADW Ex for me.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jerseykirby View Post
    I am currently not rooted due to taking the OTA update, does anyone know how to shut down the original Sense launcher so I stop getting the red notification on Nova?
    I'm switching the the DNA from my RAZR on Monday. Whenever I get this notification I have to clear defaults, set the third party launcher as the default, then open recent apps and swipe away the stock launcher to clear it from memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You should be able to change the default in nova from the settings menu. See screenshot...Set Default Home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is there a launcher that works well with the DNA?-uploadfromtaptalk1362866264995.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    Holo launcher. I've tried them all and Holo is the one I keep returning to. It's clean, no frills and fast.
    I'm trying HOLO launcher HD right now, it seems pretty quick. I'll let everyone know in a few days how it compares to NOVA.

Edit: I do notice a lag with HOLO when I exit some apps, I'll update as needed.

Last edited by Imnutsnj; 03-09-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BHBandit View Post
    tsf shell, expensive but way cool. Also next by go.
    Is the scrolling lag fixed on TSF?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I use Nova. I like Sense, but like Nova just a little more because I can have multiple docks.

I switched back to NOVA, HOLO lagged too much after leaving some of my apps, including AC

I use nova and am waiting for a new update for vire launcher which I think will be a great alternative.

Anyone running Action Launcher Pro? It seems to work well most of the time but crashes occasionally.

Sent from my HTC DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocis View Post
    Anyone running Action Launcher Pro? It seems to work well most of the time but crashes occasionally.

Sent from my HTC DNA.
    It seems to run pretty well for me, but it lacks the customization options offered by the other launchers. I do like the App icon in the upper left that opens up the app menu, but that one feature isn't enough for me to stick with it. As I mentioned before, ever since ADW EX was updated to work with ICS and above, it's my go-to launcher. The free version doesn't have as many customization options as the Pro version, but it's worth giving a try to see if the pro version is worth it.

HOWEVER, if I want to do some really creative home screens, like you see on mycolorscreen.com, then I switch to Nova, which I prefer over Apex. I'm interested in checking out TSF Shell and Next Launcher, but 15 minutes isn't enough time to get a feel for a launcher before getting a refund. Anyone have any input on either of these two?

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    It seems to run pretty well for me, but it lacks the customization options offered by the other launchers. I do like the App icon in the upper left that opens up the app menu, but that one feature isn't enough for me to stick with it. As I mentioned before, ever since ADW EX was updated to work with ICS and above, it's my go-to launcher. The free version doesn't have as many customization options as the Pro version, but it's worth giving a try to see if the pro version is worth it.

HOWEVER, if I want to do some really creative home screens, like you see on mycolorscreen.com, then I switch to Nova, which I prefer over Apex. I'm interested in checking out TSF Shell and Next Launcher, but 15 minutes isn't enough time to get a feel for a launcher before getting a refund. Anyone have any input on either of these two?
    Next Launcher still needs some help, it will occasionally slow to a crawl, freeze or force close, I don't know much about TSF. I agree with Nova over Apex, seems Nova is a little quicker.

Thanked by:

If anyone is interested, Next Launcher is on sale in the Play Store this weekend.

Sent from my DNA

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    If anyone is interested, Next Launcher is on sale in the Play Store this weekend.

Sent from my DNA
    Next Launcher looks real nice mightyfacundo, but it still needs a good bit of work, and still tends to get laggy.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Imnutsnj View Post
    Next Launcher looks real nice mightyfacundo, but it still needs a good bit of work, and still tends to get laggy.

I use next on my note 2 and I never get lag its a quite impressive shell launcher.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12