Is there a launcher that works well with the DNA?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You'll want to use either Nova or Apex with any phone running game ICS or Jellybean. There both pretty close in looks and options so you can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using ADW Launcher Pro because.... well because i've always used it, didn't see any reason to change even though i went from an Android 2.3 phone to 4.1.
Just got a very thorough update last month (i read). Works perfectly. Just as fast as Sense 4+ (which is all i had to compare it to).

Is there a reason to change?, anyone know the different launchers well enough to say why one is better than the other?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Stock is working great for me so far. My first Sense phone and I am quite enjoying the touches to the UI I must say.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Stock is working great for me so far. My first Sense phone and I am quite enjoying the touches to the UI I must say.

I'm with you, not my first sense phone but I really am enjoying sense 4+, Currently don't see any reason to go to something else. That is until the phone is full circle unlocked, then I will be putting AOSP ROM on it :)

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm also using Nova Launcher.

I just installed it yesterday, and I don't notice any lag or slowdown whatsoever!

Love the different transitions, as well as the option to hide apps Verizon was so gracious in providing, which I never asked for, and will never use.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got to +1 all the Apex users. I haven't used Nova in a while but with Apex I get all the settings I need and some I didn't realize I needed including the scrolling dock icons (which very well could exist in Nova).

Fortunately, I don't think this is one of those topics that can spark any trolling arguments as most of them give you the same functionality with minor differences. I do think it's always worth messing with some of the other free versions of launchers out there as I wouldn't be surprised if most of us have gotten complacent with our old favorites and overlooked new ones.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list of nova launcher users. I wanted to stay stock cause I really have no problems with sense but the customization capabilities of Nova are too great to just settle for stock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I've tried GO Launcher and Launched pro which don't fit the screen. Any good launchers that fit and work well?

I personally can't stand Sense UI. I found Nova and it's amazing! Buy pro to get all features too but it's not needed to have an amazing pure Android experience. Nova Nova Nova!

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I use the icon size and maximize my grid to have that high resolution feel that you'd get on your high performance PC. Nova has the scrolling Dock but I don't care for it. I put Nova on my Xoom as well and it's like a new tablet. So many features that really give me a personalized experience. I'm in love with this launcher if you guys (and ladies if present) can tell......! LOL

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
When I want stock, I use Nova. Great launcher with great features:) But for now, I'm enjoying my time back with Sense...haven't used it since I sold my Evo 3D in Nov 2011.

Love the different transitions, as well as the option to hide apps Verizon was so gracious in providing, which I never asked for, and will never use.

Between Android's ability to disable apps and Sense 4+'s ability to "hide" the couple Verizon apps that can't be disabled, I can't say I've missed this feature.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I use next launcher on my EVO! It runs awesome, and looks great!
tanu5abu.jpg

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Im using apex and it's working pretty well. I used nova/nova prime and it was good too until my dock disappeared on me everytime I locked my screen and unlocked it. Sticking with apex for now, I feel like the stock sense launcher is a tad faster though. Dunno yet.

Last edited:

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Just a screenshot. Wouldnt let me put it in my other post. Is it just me or do attached photos look terrible on here? Haha. Should have just hosted it from photobucket.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358161575648.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358161575648.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 210