Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dsignori
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sticker on the back

How are you all handling these? Already one corner of mine is starting to peel away, and I'm inclined to just yank the sucker off of there before I lose it altogether.

Default Re: Sticker on the back

I took mine off the first hour.

Me too
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by akira751 View Post
    I took mine off the first hour.
    The only thing that has me hesitating is the info on the sticker. I mean, the reason it's ON the sticker is that there is no battery cover underside to put it on...

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

I think it's like a mattress tag. Legally it has to be on there at some point, but i don't think a swat team will bust down your door and haul you away if you take it off.

above poster takes no responsibility if you do get arrested

First thing i did as soon as i took it out of box!
    even before turning it on....!
    its the same info on your boxes UPC...

I took it off immediately. I attached it to the box and stuck it in a closet.

I wouldn't just throw it away, as it's probably a good idea to have all that info recorded somewhere.

There is no reason to not remove it, it won't void your warranty, BUT you need to save it.. if you decide to unlock your boot loader (at some point) you will need the last digit of the IMEI to get your token from HTC Dev. This doesn't fully show up in the 'about phone' it truncates that last digit ;-) and you don't want to use the wrong number.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by jamdmyers View Post
    There is no reason to not remove it, it won't void your warranty, BUT you need to save it.. if you decide to unlock your boot loader (at some point) you will need the last digit of the IMEI to get your token from HTC Dev. This doesn't fully show up in the 'about phone' it truncates that last digit ;-) and you don't want to use the wrong number.
    Good points, all, thank you! I got my fill last night and yanked it off and stuck it inside the box.

There IS a group of people on the lawn now, but I think.... Yeah, those are just people who've heard the news that I'm winning Powerball tonight. First thing I'll buy... A crystal case for the sticker.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post

I wouldn't just throw it away, as it's probably a good idea to have all that info recorded somewhere.
    Funny that is precisely what I did ..
    Wingznut likes this.

ROM
    BAMF

3 seconds after the phone came out of the box, the Verizon rep ripped mine off and threw it away. I honestly didn't think much of it until now. So "about phone" leaves off the last number? Awesome. I am assuming these numbers are actually on the original box (they have been for other phones I own) or perhaps the reciept? I will have to check when I get home. i don't plan on rooting... yet, but I might!

The IMEI and SIM ID is on the bottom of the box as well. Only reason to keep the sticker is for a backup.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pitt01 View Post
    The IMEI and SIM ID is on the bottom of the box as well. Only reason to keep the sticker is for a backup.
    Oh... You're right! LOL, funny I didn't notice it when I stuck my sticker on it.

ROM
    Incredibly Re-Engineered

The Verizon employee ripped mine off along with the protective plastic and threw it all away. I'm weird and get pleasure out of doing that, so I was kind of upset.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post

ditto