CD Drives That Appear Upon USB Connection

deltaden

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
When I plug in my DNA to my PC, I see two "CD Drives" pop up in my desktop Windows Explorer that are in addition to the HTC6435LVW Internal Storage Drive. One has the HTC Sync Manager files, drivers and install programs and the other with TL-Bootstrap files and folders.
What's that all about? Do I need that "stuff"?

I don't like HTC Sync Manager, not only because it does not work most of the time, but I prefer to "drag and drop" media files to my phone with Windows Explorer.

Can I delete those files or drives, whatever they are, from my DNA? I like to keep a "Clean Machine". I will ROOT someday.

Thanks anyone.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd not delete them, one deal with ADB the other I'm not sure. But viewing the file system on the phone (i'm rooted) I don't 'see those' partitions' ... so clean is relevant ,
Perhaps someone more informed will add to this

Jay Rodriguez

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
HELP! I just got it yesterday. Desperately trying to figure out how to drag and drop files onto my phone from my computer. My computer see's is a an "internal storage" yet doesn't let me transfer sh!t onto my phone!

Never had a droid, so consider me a noob, but not an idiot when it comes to navigating a phone.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
HELP! I just got it yesterday. Desperately trying to figure out how to drag and drop files onto my phone from my computer. My computer see's is a an "internal storage" yet doesn't let me transfer sh!t onto my phone!

Never had a droid, so consider me a noob, but not an idiot when it comes to navigating a phone.

You should be able to select on "internal storage", and, it should expand and show a list of folders. You should be able to copy and paste music into the Music folder. What stuff are you trying to put onto phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar