Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why blame Verizon for the lack of SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    it is on KDDI in japan and has the radios to handle everything so in theory it will work on Verizon. Not sure what kind of speeds you will get with data.
    if it has same bands and frequencies, why would it get any different speeds?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I do not doubt it, but I have to believe that 16/32 is the sweet spot. The 8/16 to me is a PR thing. "Let's put out a dirt cheap Nexus, undercut the iPhone and see what floats"

The bad part is eventually it may backfire when people realize that 8/16 is inadequate...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by aannddrrooiidd View Post
    if it has same bands and frequencies, why would it get any different speeds?
    bands yes, not sure of frequencies I didnt bother to look it up

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Normally OEM's show carriers offerings. But on this particular device it was carrier coming to OEM HTC has had it bad giving Verizon tons of leverage saying we will cover some cost and advertise the crap out of it but we say what goes basically

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure about the "advertise the crap out of it" part... I haven't really seen any marketing for it. No TV commercials and little to no in-store advertising. Hell, Best Buy employees hadn't even heard of it when I went in to fix an activation issue.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncapp11 View Post
    Not sure about the "advertise the crap out of it" part... I haven't really seen any marketing for it. No TV commercials and little to no in-store advertising. Hell, Best Buy employees hadn't even heard of it when I went in to fix an activation issue.
    Exaggerated my bad the deal was that vzw would do the advertising and take the cost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Default Why blame Verizon for the lack of SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by oscarnyc View Post
    Everyone likes to bash the carriers (for good reasons), but I don't understand why everyone blames Verizon for the lack of SD slot on the DNA. Look at their lineup - the 2 Samsung phones (N2 and S3) both have SD. The Motorolas - Droid M, HD/Maxx all have slots. They have 2 Windows phones - the Nokia has SD slot, the HTC doesn't. Even the HTC Incredible LTE has an SD slot. The only phones on Verizon that lack the SD are the iPhone and the DNA.
    And while Verizon definitely would profit from higher data usage for those w/out unlimited, all of their software 'enhancements' have been pushing people towards using wifi whenever possible - annoyingly so. Plus they are the only carrier to use the WP8 Datasense feature. It seems to me that they are actually discouraging data usage. They are almost complete in their LTE buildout, and it seems that they'd rather just milk the increased cash-flow from lower capital spending rather than go through another big round of buildouts.
    Because Verizon asked HTC to build the phone and told them what features to include?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12