Have dna and a note 2.. Small quick recap

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
This isn't anything in depth but wanted to post that I picked up a note 2 today. So now I have both dna and note.. First impression is its heavy and big. Not overwhelming though. I like the feel of dna a lot more as well as sense. The s pen is cool but not sure yet just how much I might utilize it. Business and productivity wise note 2 has a lot of neat features but there is something about the dna I just like so much more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I think its good the dna wasn't media hyped as much as the n2. I feel when expectations are set so high of something there is only one way to go after you actually get it, and that's down if it doesn't meet your perceived expectations.

It'll be nice for you to be able to give us updates now and again though about how you feel for both.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Would be interested to hear the difference in screen quality and difference in battery life. I have the GS3 currrently and have absolutely no issues with battery life so a comparison with that would be awesome.

Thanks
Bryan

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Would be interested to hear the difference in screen quality and difference in battery life. I have the GS3 currrently and have absolutely no issues with battery life so a comparison with that would be awesome.

Thanks
Bryan

Dna better screen.

Note 2 has better battery. But the dna can still get you through the dna. It all really depends on what u want and need in a phone. If you are a business man or college student note 2 would be perfect for you productivity wise it can do a lot more.. personally I dont think I will utilize half of what it can do. I had the s3 I like it better than the s3. But I cant seem to put my finger on it I just really enjoy over all the way the dna looks and feels. You can't go wrong with either device.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
does the VZW N2 have the split screen feature enabled?

I've seen the a add I think the Optimus is getting split screen update, so I'm hopeing to see either a official release of this feature or I'm sure the xda guys will work one out.. btw they ported the Nexus camera and photosphere to the DNA..

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have both devices too. I got the N2 today and to be honest the screen and smoothness of the OS goes to the DNA. The N2 is an amazing device but I feel like its going to just crash out of my hands somehow (it doesn't feel good to hold it) and I'm having the same mixed feelings with the S Pen and how I'll make use of it. Both are great devices, in fact the best android devices to date but for me the DNA is a keeper. While the battery life isn't that of the N2 I'm still getting 13 hours or so on a charge. The only thing I hated about the DNA was the sense overlay but I got apex launcher pro and suave icons and I have a very clean eye appealing setup now.

I'm still amazed at the screen and the smoothness of the DNA, closest thing to IOS as you can get on a android device.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Glad that someone else got it too. One thing that annoys me is to fully utlize s pen and features you have to use touch wiz

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged for the Note 2 coming from the dna. The DNA was definitely faster and the screen was so good it will almost make you sick. The N2 is still bananas tho and i ultimatel went with the screen size, battery and storage. Can't lose tho

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I had choice to exchange or use another upgrade. I did upgrade because I knew I would miss dna . So I will go back and forth. I like dna more overall except note 2 battery life is special.. storage not a big deal I was making due with a lot of cloud services.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread.

Spent some time with both the DNA and N2 today. I went into the VZW store wanting to get some time with the N2. The N2 is what it is. It's big, fast, and has a lot of cool features. My wife has the GS3 so I am familiar with the lay out. I walked over to the DNA. WOW. That screen is amazing. I literally thought it was a non working model where the screen was a picture. It's amazing. I can't say that enough. Both phones are fast. The N2's software suite alone make stand out and a great phone for a business type, traveler, or student. Man, that phone does so much! The DNA's build felt better to me. The DNA is the sweetspot for size IMO. The only thing that turns me off is the 16gb storage. I have 32gb on my GNex and I am almost full now. I definitely need more space. I travel a lot for work and keep a bunch of my work files on my phone. Yes I know there is the cloud storage but I don't want to have to rely on internet connection to pull up whatever I need. Either way I am not going to upgrade my phone right now. I am going to hold out in hopes of a 32gb DNA or see what other 5" phones are released. You can't go wrong with either phone. They are both terrific pieces of hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2