Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: BE AWARE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victorepurp View Post
    I work at Verizon Wireless as a store rep. Just got the DNA on preorder. I've had it for 13 days and WITHOUT me actually trying, the charging port ripped in half. As I know how Verizon likes to screw people, I called in to report it tol avoid any future complications if I have a manufacturer warranty problem. Technical Support told me as of now it would be considered physical damage and void my Warranty unless it was a known issue. I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU WITH A DNA THAT DON'T HAVE A CHARGING PORT TO CALL IN SO IT CAN BECOME A "KNOWN ISSUE" THEREBY RESTORING YOUR WARRANTY...

best
    I had my phone under my pillow while it was charging and when I woke up, just like you, HALF the cover is broken off. I have no idea how that happened. I had to pull the rest of the cover off as it was just sticking out. I knew one day a that it would break off, I just didn't think it'llbe a week or so of it brand new.

How is this going to void my warranty? I have insurance too, so doesn't that cover it too? Even if Iddidn't have insurance, it sounds stupid that they aren't going to cover that and void the warranty.

Default Re: BE AWARE!!

I think this "involuntary circumcision" is happening to many. I was at work yesterday and unplugged the little cover and it came right off when I when I unplugged it.

Default Re: Are you going to circumsize your DNA?

i had no choice, mine fell off. i did however like the idea of keeping debris out of the port, it gets kind of annoying picking pocket lint and fuzzballs out.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kirk1028 View Post
    those who have yanked it out. how is it anchored to the phone? does it look like I can take a pair of tweezers and remove the whole thing and be able to put it back? a reversible mod?
    it seems to me that it will break off if you yank on it, mine fell off on its own and there was a little tab left hanging out that i pulled on with a pair of needle nose pliers, the tab broke off flush with the phone, i can still a little bit of it left where it kinda retracts back in that hole but i have a feeling it will just break off before it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by 86steveshafer View Post
    it seems to me that it will break off if you yank on it, mine fell off on its own and there was a little tab left hanging out that i pulled on with a pair of needle nose pliers, the tab broke off flush with the phone, i can still a little bit of it left where it kinda retracts back in that hole but i have a feeling it will just break off before it comes out.

Same thing here. I just opened it up and it fell off. I'm thinking everyone will have this problem.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12