12-07-2012 10:51 AM
30 12
tools
    I work at Verizon Wireless as a store rep. Just got the DNA on preorder. I've had it for 13 days and WITHOUT me actually trying, the charging port ripped in half. As I know how Verizon likes to screw people, I called in to report it tol avoid any future complications if I have a manufacturer warranty problem. Technical Support told me as of now it would be considered physical damage and void my Warranty unless it was a known issue. I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU WITH A DNA THAT DON'T HAVE A CHARGING PORT TO CALL IN SO IT CAN BECOME A "KNOWN ISSUE" THEREBY RESTORING YOUR WARRANTY...

best
    I had my phone under my pillow while it was charging and when I woke up, just like you, HALF the cover is broken off. I have no idea how that happened. I had to pull the rest of the cover off as it was just sticking out. I knew one day a that it would break off, I just didn't think it'llbe a week or so of it brand new.

How is this going to void my warranty? I have insurance too, so doesn't that cover it too? Even if Iddidn't have insurance, it sounds stupid that they aren't going to cover that and void the warranty.
    12-07-2012 04:27 AM
    I think this "involuntary circumcision" is happening to many. I was at work yesterday and unplugged the little cover and it came right off when I when I unplugged it.
    12-07-2012 09:17 AM
    i had no choice, mine fell off. i did however like the idea of keeping debris out of the port, it gets kind of annoying picking pocket lint and fuzzballs out.
    12-07-2012 10:28 AM
    those who have yanked it out. how is it anchored to the phone? does it look like I can take a pair of tweezers and remove the whole thing and be able to put it back? a reversible mod?
    it seems to me that it will break off if you yank on it, mine fell off on its own and there was a little tab left hanging out that i pulled on with a pair of needle nose pliers, the tab broke off flush with the phone, i can still a little bit of it left where it kinda retracts back in that hole but i have a feeling it will just break off before it comes out.
    12-07-2012 10:32 AM
    it seems to me that it will break off if you yank on it, mine fell off on its own and there was a little tab left hanging out that i pulled on with a pair of needle nose pliers, the tab broke off flush with the phone, i can still a little bit of it left where it kinda retracts back in that hole but i have a feeling it will just break off before it comes out.

Same thing here. I just opened it up and it fell off. I'm thinking everyone will have this problem.
    12-07-2012 10:51 AM
30 12