Problems pushing emails

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My DNA is very slow to push my emails. I've tried switching from push to every 5 minutes, to every half-hour, etc. I only get my emails when I manually refresh, and sometimes I need to hit refresh 4 or more times before it finally pushes, and sometimes even that doesn't work. I use AOL as my main email, and I'm wondering if that's the problem. I had no problems with it on my Thunderbolt, I received all of my emails instantly, but receiving emails on my DNA is starting to become more than a PITA.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't any problems with email push. I have gmail, yahoo and my corporate email (through MS Exchange Server). My corporate email usually hits on my DNA before it hits my Outlook on my laptop, it reminds me of my Blackberry days!!! My Tbolt usually hit a minute or two after it hit my Outlook. So definitely no problems with push email, it's actually better now.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I would assume AOL is the main issue. I have 2 Gmail and a Outlook account and both are as said as good as the blackberry days, dang near instant.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I would assume AOL is the main issue.

Likewise.

Actually I just ditched and merged my AOL addy of 14 years to gmail because of this.

It was just kinda the last straw, especially when you type out a long message on your phone, send it, then wonder why you havent heard back only to realize it is not in your drafts, sent, or anywhere else. A few days later it gets delivered.

Eff that.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Likewise.

Actually I just ditched and merged my AOL addy of 14 years to gmail because of this.

It was just kinda the last straw, especially when you type out a long message on your phone, send it, then wonder why you havent heard back only to realize it is not in your drafts, sent, or anywhere else. A few days later it gets delivered.

Eff that.

I might have to do the same thing. I've had this email address for about 16 years so it will be hard to let go, but times, they are a changing.

J Half

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was losing my mind and didn't have something set right because I am having the same exact problem. I have an AOL account I can't let it go for various reasons. I also have gmail accounts (that work much better on all fronts). Push mail for AOL was no problem on my old Tbolt, but not worth a flip on the DNA. My inbox isn't even (really) updating when I hit the reflesh button. For example it'll say I'll have 10 emails - latest one from last night. I hit refresh and nothing changes... no new since yesterday. Yeah, right! It's the holidays. I know there has to be at least 2 junk mails received per hour during this time of year. I hope this gets fixed somehow and soon. In the meantime, I've discovered that if I go to the AOL app and hit Menu, then FOLDER and select something other then the one that's currently clicked (like switch from "Inbox" to "Inbox + Sent", it'll update.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If you want to keep the AOl account, set up a Gmail account then set your AOL account to be forwarded to the Gmail account. It should hit instantly.

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My DNA is very slow to push my emails. I've tried switching from push to every 5 minutes, to every half-hour, etc. I only get my emails when I manually refresh, and sometimes I need to hit refresh 4 or more times before it finally pushes, and sometimes even that doesn't work. I use AOL as my main email, and I'm wondering if that's the problem. I had no problems with it on my Thunderbolt, I received all of my emails instantly, but receiving emails on my DNA is starting to become more than a PITA.

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had my DNA for 1day, also had the problem getting email notifications. After comparing with my HTC 4g lte realized in accounts and sync, sync was not turned on. After that all is working fine with all email accounts. Emails coming in right away. Solved my problem hope it solves yours.

BFBCIE2

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have an aol and gmail account and I can only get new mail when I open the email app. I want to get a notification for both accounts at the time I recieve the email.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The only way to fix this on any Android Device is with K-9 mail from the market. Its free and it works flawlessly with AOL and most others, sometimes it even pushes to the phone before the computer. I suggest if you have multiple AOL accounts like I have, put one of them in the phones regular email system then just duplicate it in K-9 this way the phone will use that as the default sending address. You can also choose the same one as the default with K-9 once installed. K-9 is THE BEST! and its FREE! I even downloaded a free "You Got Mail" notification for my AOL accounts so I know its AOL getting the mail. K-9 will also let you look into your AOL spam folder the stock email will not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800