Looking For A Case That Improves Access To The Power Button.....

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
...Checked out the one in Verizon and while it was a very nice case all it had was a cutout to allow access to the power button. This actually made using the power button even harder as now you had to press down inside the cutout to actuate the power. What was off though was that this same case had a raised volume rocker built right into it that made accessing the volume way more easy that it is when the phone is "naked." Why they did this for the volume rocker but not the power button seems to make no sense.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a case that improved the ergonomics of the horrible power button.

TIA

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You know when HTC or any company makes a phone. They really need to like put consumers in a box and let them play with it. This is one of the most bone headed moves I have ever seen.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Diztronic has black tpu case that has the cover over the power and volume rockers witch are slightly raised. Not a bad case, but it def makes the phone feel a lot larger the a normal tpu case. Got it off there web site 15$ shipped.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
has anyone used the Qmadix Legacy Cover for HTC Droid DNA that is in the AndroidCentral store? would love to hear some feed back on this case.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Diztronic has black tpu case that has the cover over the power and volume rockers witch are slightly raised. Not a bad case, but it def makes the phone feel a lot larger the a normal tpu case. Got it off there web site 15$ shipped.
I ordered one of these yesterday. When I get it on Wednesday, I'll post my thoughts. :cool:

cnuraptor

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Tip: get a command strip and snip off a tiny rectangle strip just a bit smaller than size of the power button mold/indentation . Peel one side of it. Leave one side unpeeled so it doesn't stick to the button itself. Stick the strip/square to the inside of any tpu case where there is a raised indentation (not a cutout) . Center it inside the mold. It shouldnt be any larger than your indentation but fit just inside the mold. Now your power button and volume buttons will be much easier to use when the phone is in the case. I used an S line white case and Diztronic. The S line was hard to use so I tried this and it works well with both.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I posted a review of the Ballistic Life Style Smooth case here.

Along with being a very thin, easily pocketable case, it has a very pronounced nub at the top of the case, for the power button. Makes turning your phone on/off, simply by feel, a piece of cake!

If you like the look and design, and turning your DNA on and off is a problem for you, this case may be the answer!

I find it thinner then the Ditztronic case, which I also have, but the Ditztronic case seems to have a soft touch feel, which this case lacks.

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The Body Glove DropSuit is the best case I have tried for accessing the Power Button. It is my favorite case...and I have tried a bunch.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Body Glove DropSuit is the best case I have tried for accessing the Power Button. It is my favorite case...and I have tried a bunch.

This, exactly. In my use this is the case that has the best power button access (least pressure needed to register). It's also slimmer than I thought it would be. I am using this as well, after trying many others ...