- 156 Posts
Can Someone Explain The Difference Between The Data Setting Options?..
IIRC there's LTE/CDMA, Global and GSM/UMTS. The default setting seems to be "Global." I thought GSM and "global" were basically synonymous but apparently not. And here in the US, why would Verizon have the default setting be "Global" rather than LTE?CDMA? And what is UMTS? Never even heard of that one. And why is it linked with GSM?
- 12-01-2012, 02:48 AM #3
- 12-01-2012, 06:36 AM #4
Re: Can Someone Explain The Difference Between The Data Setting Options?..
They promote the phone as a 'Global' Phone, hence I suspect they just leave the setting on mixed. It shouldn't have any issues with performance. I believe the UMTS is to assist in 3G contrary to what vZ thinks theyt really doesn't cover everywhere in LTE
- 12-03-2012, 06:43 AM #5
- By wess580 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 19Last Post: 12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
- By blueyzfr6 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 37Last Post: 07-06-2012, 02:02 PM
- By thirsty1258 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 7Last Post: 06-02-2012, 11:14 PM
- By BTSee in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 05-29-2011, 10:57 PM
- By Primetimeplaya in forum Tablet ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2010, 09:15 PM