Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can Someone Explain The Difference Between The Data Setting Options?..

IIRC there's LTE/CDMA, Global and GSM/UMTS. The default setting seems to be "Global." I thought GSM and "global" were basically synonymous but apparently not. And here in the US, why would Verizon have the default setting be "Global" rather than LTE?CDMA? And what is UMTS? Never even heard of that one. And why is it linked with GSM?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can Someone Explain The Difference Between The Data Setting Options?..

Can anyone help here?

Default Re: Can Someone Explain The Difference Between The Data Setting Options?..

They promote the phone as a 'Global' Phone, hence I suspect they just leave the setting on mixed. It shouldn't have any issues with performance. I believe the UMTS is to assist in 3G contrary to what vZ thinks theyt really doesn't cover everywhere in LTE

Just set your phone to lte/cdma unless you travel overseas.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!