Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By TriangleZ
  • 1 Post By jamdmyers
  • 1 Post By mclarryjr
  • 1 Post By creccaj1
  • 1 Post By chickweedblur
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Font SIze Issue/Annoyance

Ok well I broke down and bought the HTC Droid DNA, I love it I really do, but there is something going on with it that is kind of annoying me.

I have the Font Size set to Small under Settings>DIsplay as well as within the Messaging app and the font is still larger than it should be it looks more medium than small to me.

I have attached an image to show what I am referring to.

When I was on AT & T I had the One X and I remember this happening on it, but I think there was a fix for it, or HTC had to send a fix I can't remember exactly.

Anyone have any thoughts or should i open a support ticket with HTC..

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Font SIze Issue/Annoyance-2012-11-30-17.18.55.jpg  

Default Re: Font SIze Issue/Annoyance

That is the size HTC decided on. I hate it too. They will have to provide a software change in a future update or you can root and use some font size adjustment apps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

WOW it's so big!!!! Makes me really sad if that is what we are stuck with.

Try using two fingers to pinch and zoom, that worked for me. Lemme know if that worked out for you.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Font SIze Issue/Annoyance-2012-11-30-19.30.23.jpgI had posted a message on XDA as well and someone suggested that to me as well. It worked! I am so happy!!! It looks much better now!

I love how HTC can put pinch to zoom in the native SMS app, but Google can't figure out a way to add it to Gmail (until 4.2, I hear). Unreal.
    Thanked by:

If your only considering texting there are plenty of 3rd party apps, I use handcent, pretty much do whatever I like to text size/color/font
    dsignori likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,385 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleZ View Post
    Try using two fingers to pinch and zoom, that worked for me. Lemme know if that worked out for you.
    That's the best tip I've seen in awhile that huge font was driving me crazy.
    jcochran1977 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I have used GoSMS before but I was losing text messages sometimes so i just have stuck to using the stock messaging app.

Thank you though.

I wish that worked with email. So weak on a screen this size to display only 6 at a time.
    paulmike3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleZ View Post
    What! This is such a great tip. It's been bothering me ever since I got this phone that the text was humongous in the messaging app even at the smallest settings. I had to make myself accept the fact that it was something I would have to live with... until now. Thank you.

Does anyone know how to change the font when looking at it from the "All messages" page? I did enjoy the tip on lowering the screen. But when looking at my messages, the color white is awful and the fact that there's barely ANY difference from a "new message" to an old one.... ?? Any tips? thanks!