Streaming Battery Life.

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I work for our local government in the city I live in and I have a big project coming up working on computers in a lot of new police cars. I am trying to find out how long the phone will last while streaming pandora. This will be an all day thing for about a month. So just wanted the music streamers out there to tell me the battery life they have been getting. Thanks.

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Not really off topic if it is in the forum that pertains to my phone. I can't plug it in because I will be getting in and out of the cars.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
would it be possible to do a wireless charge set up in the car? Still needs to put the phone down and pick it up when you are leaving the car but I guess it's better than plug in and unplug it each time? However I heard the wireless charging is much slower.
Back to your actual question...
I lose about 8-10% while I am out jogging, normally 5 miles run and takes me about 40 to 45 minutes, I use spotify to stream my music and it's connecting to 4g, my gps on with "Mapmyrun+" open to track my run, I also have 1 exchange email set to push and there are some other misc apps running sync.
When I am in the office, I use about 50% in 10 hours, that is with wifi on, emails, text, some quick phone call.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This could be dependent on multiple factors. Steaming something like pandora could drain a lot or little depending on your data service. If you have full 4G service you will see some noticeable drain but nothing so bad it will die in a matter of hours. That can't be said if you have low 4G service. An idea if battery life is a problem for you... download the app Phone Info or Device Info, can't remember the name off the top of my head and use that to disable the 4G radios so it will only stream on 3G and therefore draining less battery.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This could be dependent on multiple factors. Steaming something like pandora could drain a lot or little depending on your data service. If you have full 4G service you will see some noticeable drain but nothing so bad it will die in a matter of hours. That can't be said if you have low 4G service. An idea if battery life is a problem for you... download the app Phone Info or Device Info, can't remember the name off the top of my head and use that to disable the 4G radios so it will only stream on 3G and therefore draining less battery.
Widgetsoid also have toggles that allows you to turn off 4g and it's handy for other system toggles

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I will try out several scenarios. I I am lucky that where I will be will have good wifi but not all that fast. I may be enough though to do some streaming. Also have very good 4G service here. Thanks it has been very informative.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you pay for Pandora One? If not, you might want to try Slacker. The subscription version allows you to cache stations.

Steve

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Even with some of the larger capacity phones from what you imply they may have issues as well, perhaps not as much as the DNA, a solution would be a battery pack you can plug in, they relatively cheap and are good insurance when charging isn't a option and you must have your phone,

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not really off topic if it is in the forum that pertains to my phone. I can't plug it in because I will be getting in and out of the cars.

I just re-read your response... I meant I may be a little off topic by asking if you can just charge the phone in the car. :)

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
would it be possible to do a wireless charge set up in the car? Still needs to put the phone down and pick it up when you are leaving the car but I guess it's better than plug in and unplug it each time? However I heard the wireless charging is much slower.

This makes no sense. The charging pad needs to be plugged in. She still has to plug something in and is moving from car to car.

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I just re-read your response... I meant I may be a little off topic by asking if you can just charge the phone in the car. :)

Oh sorry I misunderstood. I apologize :D

I have been looking for a battery pack for those days that I will be working on them. I will test and see how it goes though.

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The New Trent battery packs are pretty good. I picked up a 12000mah one from Amazon for about $50. That would be enough juice to charge your phone 6 times.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
False. 30% of the charge in these battery packs is lost in conversion from the pack to the phone. So you'd get 4 charges while you carry around a brick.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have used slacker for about 4 hours a couple days in a row (not on wifi) and didn't see enough of a power drop to make me really check and see how much it really used. Coming from the Thunderbolt I am in love with the battery in the DNA.

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I have used slacker for about 4 hours a couple days in a row (not on wifi) and didn't see enough of a power drop to make me really check and see how much it really used. Coming from the Thunderbolt I am in love with the battery in the DNA.

Nice to that sounds good to me.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Before my wife got the phone, I was taking it off charger at 6, streaming cached music on slacker from 7 to 4:30 with a couple hours screen time and needing to recharge at 6pm with around 15% charge left.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Before my wife got the phone, I was taking it off charger at 6, streaming cached music on slacker from 7 to 4:30 with a couple hours screen time and needing to recharge at 6pm with around 15% charge left.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

What about doing the same thing with your note 2?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7