Maps App Draining Battery

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Over the last few days my battery starting discharging faster during the day and the Maps app was coming up as high as 29%. After some research I found it's a glitch which has also affected other phones, has to do with Latitude constantly polling the GPS. I went into Latitude, turned location services and GPS on, then turned them off and today the problem has gone away.

Below is my battery as of 11:30 am this morning, it was in my pocket most of the day at work so it's definitely "light usage", but to get 4 hours and only lose 5% is amazing to me, especially coming from the Thunderbolt. Played around with it at lunch and it got more usage the rest of the day, but still after 9 hours it was still at 76%. Hopefully the Maps bug won't return but at least it's fixable and I can certainly vouch for this phone having solid battery life.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Over the last few days my battery starting discharging faster during the day and the Maps app was coming up as high as 29%. After some research I found it's a glitch which has also affected other phones, has to do with Latitude constantly polling the GPS. I went into Latitude, turned location services and GPS on, then turned them off and today the problem has gone away.

Below is my battery as of 11:30 am this morning, it was in my pocket most of the day at work so it's definitely "light usage", but to get 4 hours and only lose 5% is amazing to me, especially coming from the Thunderbolt. Played around with it at lunch and it got more usage the rest of the day, but still after 9 hours it was still at 76%. Hopefully the Maps bug won't return but at least it's fixable and I can certainly vouch for this phone having solid battery life.

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...354409249709&sads=Uc7GfLlPrJZS6OYODcaCDnDGdFc
is Latitude loaded on DNA? I had that issue so I turned off GPS all together. I can't seems to locate Latitude under my apps.

NEVER MIND... found it under setting in Google maps. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge