- 6 Posts
Maps App Draining Battery
Over the last few days my battery starting discharging faster during the day and the Maps app was coming up as high as 29%. After some research I found it's a glitch which has also affected other phones, has to do with Latitude constantly polling the GPS. I went into Latitude, turned location services and GPS on, then turned them off and today the problem has gone away.
Below is my battery as of 11:30 am this morning, it was in my pocket most of the day at work so it's definitely "light usage", but to get 4 hours and only lose 5% is amazing to me, especially coming from the Thunderbolt. Played around with it at lunch and it got more usage the rest of the day, but still after 9 hours it was still at 76%. Hopefully the Maps bug won't return but at least it's fixable and I can certainly vouch for this phone having solid battery life.
- 12-01-2012, 08:28 PM #2
- 12-01-2012, 08:56 PM #3
- 12-01-2012, 10:01 PM #4
- By Mooondog in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 12Last Post: 05-21-2012, 09:48 PM
- By grind187 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 06-14-2011, 06:11 PM
- By HobieCoop in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2011, 11:32 AM
- By whiteshadow001 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 6Last Post: 04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
- By bretov in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 12Last Post: 02-10-2011, 04:52 PM