Bluetooth Headsets - Which Ones Work with the DNA, and Which Ones Don't?

CD Hill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
One of my very few disappointments with the DNA is that my old headset - Plantronics 510 Voyager - will not accurately make voice-dialed calls. It called flawlessly on my Incredible, but appears to select random contacts when used with the DNA - seriously, three consecutive tries get three different, wrong results. Curiously, it works perfectly for manual|speed-dialed calls and also for dictated texts, shopping lists and everything else. I tried the "mic" icon when using the phone with BT disconnected and the DNA recognizes that perfectly, "call line 2 at home" produces that exact text string in the number box (of course it won't call there, but it shows that I have not suddenly lost my ability to speak clearly). I tried a newly-purchased Plantronics M50. Same result. HTC responded promptly to my query and said that there is no standard for BT dialling, so everybody builds their own bluetooth stack. That is, HTC uses a different BT stack in the DNA from that used in the Incredible. I could go buy one of each, but I am hoping that other dedicated voice dialers out there have had similar experiences, so:

Please Reply with the Make and Model of your BT headset and indicate whether it works or does not work accurately for voice-dialing. Thanks!

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a Plantronics Marque 2. The sound quality it good as any other headset that I've had. No problems streaming music, crisp calls. It does not have voice dialing though, only voice answering which is weird but whatever. Maybe once the app is updated to support the phone it'll add voice dialing.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You aren't going crazy. I believe the problem is actually Jellybean.

On the galaxy nexus, the jellybean update caused problems with Bluetooth voice dialing. It seems to be tied into Google now. The latest JB update from Google (4.2) actually switched BT stacks completely, and made it a little bit better.

Maybe we will get an update in a few months, but in the meantime galaxy nexus users have been using an alternative voice dialer with some success.

I must admit that as much as I live android, that android, Bluetooth, and voice dialing. leave something to be desired.

My old windows phone had much better Bluetooth dialing than my old droid incredible, and especially better than my galaxy nexus, and my DNA.
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2