Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: I'm sorry, but the battery life on this device is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by artakartel View Post
    It's impossible to use this device for any length of time without recharging at least once a day. On Friday I want out of my way not to play any videos, all I did was listen to music and browse the internet (LTE). Used it for an hour in the morning and a couple hours in the afternoon and it was DEAD by 4pm.
    If you really only used your phone for ~3 hours, then either you have an app draining all of your battery... Or a defective phone.

Post a screenshot of your battery history and usage.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schwinn123 View Post
    Also i realize i maybe took 5 quick pictures today, but how can my camera take up this much % of battery
    There is something really wrong here, quite possibly the signal strength, this is from today, being a Sunday I didn't use the phone that much and I was charging it before posting this but look how the charge maintains and doesn't drop constantly like yours, this is how it is suppose to be:

Have you considered getting Verizon's Network Extender? It's an absolute necessity in my house, where "airborne" signal strength is so poor a Verizon phone can barely get a text message out the door. Makes all the difference to me, and could to your battery life as well.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry, but the battery life on this device is atrocious.-screenshot_2012-12-02-23-52-40.jpg

Yea something's up with your phone. Get a new one from VZW. I've been unplugged since about 4:30 this morning.

Check what programs are using your battery. There was a glitch in the Map application that was draining mine for a couple days, fixed and now it's back to normal. The other day I had 4.5 hours of usage and was still at 95%, I am averaging 13-15 hours on a charge with normal use. I love the battery on this thing.
    akira751 likes this.

I have no problem with the battery,this is hands down the best phone I have ever owned the positives far outweigh the negatives

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    This is hands down the best phone I have ever owned, the positives far outweigh the negatives.
    Absolutely!

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    droidman2177 and akira751 like this.

Same here battery life is great. One of my co-workers asked if I had a cell phone because they don't see my phone plugged into the wall anymore or me crying about my battery. I came from a Thunder Bolt . My worse day so far is 11 hrs with 40% left. I love this phone
    JennJen01 likes this.

I don't know if it'll help since you might just have a bad phone, but I recommend Battery Doctor to try and target which apps might be causing your battery problems. I was having a problem with my battery a few weeks ago, and it showed me that the Amazon Market was the problem. I updated it, and battery life went back to normal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I dont own one, but I know from flashing new roms on my gnex, that if I dont sign out of the "Talk" app that battery life is horrible. When I sign into my google account when starting the new rom(like out of the box start up) google automatically signs me into "talk" which I dont use. Just saying for something else to check. I did like the 5 minutes I had with the DNA at Verizon though. Very nice phone....

I work in a 3g/4g challenged location, it's inside a room surrounded by a alot of steel and electronics.. Where I often site I get almost NO signal, nor do my coworkers, we all (iphone/Samsug/htc/moto/blackberry) see our batteries beaten down over the course of the shift, it's the same for all of use and it's because of the constant polling / switching of Radio signals... now, since the DNA I'm connected to WIFI in the same location, my phone is utilizing the wifi instead of 3g/4g and my battery lasts well (I still can't make a call ;-( So if you in a signal weak area, this dould cause it.. also I had a network extender at home, it does work but the range is somewhat limited and the placement in your house is important.

I just got my new DNA a few days ago and got rid of Sprint.
    My battery is just fine, although I would like to have more capacity.
    But I work in an office all day and can plug in if needed.
    Any the 4g LTE works AWESOME in Tucson.

Turn off google now. Bringing up them cards drains batt.

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Really? I'm still waiting for the JB ota update so I haven't tried Google Now. Is it the frequency of the updates or the amount of data being pulled for the cards?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    Really? I'm still waiting for the JB ota update so I haven't tried Google Now. Is it the frequency of the updates or the amount of data being pulled for the cards?

I think both. I have a gnex and it has horrible batt life. I try kernel tweaks and turn off syncs that I don't need. Most are negligible. Honestly, to turn off google now has had a noticable improvement.
    I don't really have a use for the cards so I turn them off.
    Try turning it off a couple of days and have a look at ur batt. Can't hurt.

I think both. I have a gnex and it has horrible batt life. I try kernel tweaks and turn off syncs that I don't need. Most are negligible. Honestly, to turn off google now has had a noticable improvement.
    I'll see how it goes. I don't even have the update yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    I'll see how it goes. I don't even have the update yet.

Yah but since this is in the dna forum and they have jb, it might help someone.

Definitely not my experience here. I have Google Now turned on and get the commonly quoted ~16 hours per charge. I'll kill Now for a day to see if it makes a difference, but I'd honestly be surprised.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Definitely not my experience here. I have Google Now turned on and get the commonly quoted ~16 hours per charge. I'll kill Now for a day to see if it makes a difference, but I'd honestly be surprised.

Today I noticed that Maps is taking 54% of my battery, seems to be the commute Card. From Google Now, and it only works heavily when I am at work, try disabling that.

Quote Originally Posted by VVoltz View Post
    Today I noticed that Maps is taking 54% of my battery, seems to be the commute Card. From Google Now, and it only works heavily when I am at work, try disabling that.
    For me right now but shows 3%, but then I've only been unplugged for about 6 hours.

This is not true at all for me. I have all cards enabled and my battery life is quite good..

Quote Originally Posted by AMDman18 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-02-23-52-40.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	49259

Yea something's up with your phone. Get a new one from VZW. I've been unplugged since about 4:30 this morning.
    This was today at work now. Different location but significantly less action. I mmaybe answered 20 texts today, checked my mail. Thats IT! Should my results be better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm sorry, but the battery life on this device is atrocious.-2012-12-03_19-51-38.png  

Quote Originally Posted by schwinn123 View Post
    This was today at work now. Different location but significantly less action. I mmaybe answered 20 texts today, checked my mail. Thats IT! Should my results be better?
    After 11 hours you were down to 60%? That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    After 11 hours you were down to 60%? That's awesome!

Yes but keep in mind, it was as if i took it off the charger and barely touched it from 8-6. occasional text message replies. If you look at my posts from yesterday, my "normal usage" results were pretty different. Wondering if all the awake time on my last graph post is an issue?

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

cant wait til we can root this phone and run vanilla android, with this hardware it would be unreal because HTC's software tweaks suck
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast