Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: I'm sorry, but the battery life on this device is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    You have to click the power and volume down at the same time and hold for 2 sec. However, this power and home is easy as well, thanks for sharing that!
    Thanks. I was hitting power then volume instead of pressing them at the same time.

Thanks to all on the screenshot stuff! I thought it took special software, rooting, or an act of Congress!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

My battery life continues to be great with the DNA for my normal day to day use. I rarely get to 60% after 12 hours off the charger. I did notice one thing today that does eat the battery pretty aggressively. I had to navigate to a destination today, and decided to use Google Maps for turn-by-turn. I navigated for less than a half hour and lost just over 10% of my battery. This is probably the only reason I need to leave my charging cable in the car anymore. With my old Thunderbolt (I know...I know...), the car charger got used daily.

Coming from the Tbolt, I got into the habit of putting it on the charger when I got in the car, when I got to the office, when I got home or pretty much any other place I could find a charger. I've actually found myself having to resist the urge to put my DNA on a charger now. That being said I took it off the charger at 7:30 AM have managed my emails from it as I've been in meetings most of the day, played some words/scramble with friends, uploaded some pics to Facebook took two half hour conference calls, browsed the internet, searched for houses on the Realtor app and streamed some music and am still at 50%. My Tbolt would have been drained by 1 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jf2go View Post
    My battery life continues to be great with the DNA for my normal day to day use. I rarely get to 60% after 12 hours off the charger. I did notice one thing today that does eat the battery pretty aggressively. I had to navigate to a destination today, and decided to use Google Maps for turn-by-turn. I navigated for less than a half hour and lost just over 10% of my battery. This is probably the only reason I need to leave my charging cable in the car anymore. With my old Thunderbolt (I know...I know...), the car charger got used daily.

10% battery for 30mins of navigation is pretty damn good. that's like getting almost 5 hours of navigation with a full charge.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I'm on day 2 with this phone. I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus with an extended OEM battery. The battery life is SO MUCH BETTER on the DNA...I'm actually shocked how good it is. Sure, it can't touch the Note 2 or the MAXX, but for what it is, this phone is extremely efficient. I'm a pretty heavy user and I'm having no problem lasting through the day.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kirk1028 View Post
    10% battery for 30mins of navigation is pretty damn good. that's like getting almost 5 hours of navigation with a full charge.

exactly. My nav test turned out the same result. roughly 5 hours of nav w/ full battery.

Which phone are you talking about..?

Quote Originally Posted by swartzz View Post
    Which phone are you talking about..?
    Not sure who you are talking to, but I was using the DNA.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234