I'm sorry, but the battery life on this device is atrocious.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My area just got LTE and coverage is hit or miss and it is constantly going 3g to LTE as I drive around town. I get way better than you in battery life. Something just doesn't seem right with yours.

schwinn123

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My area just got LTE and coverage is hit or miss and it is constantly going 3g to LTE as I drive around town. I get way better than you in battery life. Something just doesn't seem right with yours.

Seems something is wrong, and today in particular i had almost zero web browsing, no music no video playback, no maps, etc. very little Instagram scrolling around, just frequent texting is my only downfall, but it should not be that bad to the battery. i may try to swap out at the verizon store tomorrow for a different one.

schwinn123

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Also i realize i maybe took 5 quick pictures today, but how can my camera take up this much % of battery

Attachments

• 2012-12-02_23-02-51.jpg
    2012-12-02_23-02-51.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 79

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I realize that about the task killers. i actually just downloaded that manager app and was going to try it in the morning, it is actually off. Just thought id give it a shot. The largest amount of my usage leans towards text messages which i use go sms app, camera for some reason though i do take a few pics during the day, wifi, and media server?

Yeah I take a few pictures and its at 26% usage. I dunno how you have your phone set up but I always use dark themes . I dunno if that helps with battery. But figured it wouldn't use as much battery. Just my opinion. I use handcent with a dark theme. Ill post a pic of my battery

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

schwinn123

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm no expert, but it looks like you've got lousy signal strength there. Seems that the places you get the most level battery decline is where you have favorable cell strength. Everyplace else on the graph its dropping like a brick. Are these numbers from predominantly inside your home?

Yes, today was mainly an indoors day for me.
Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's impossible to use this device for any length of time without recharging at least once a day. On Friday I want out of my way not to play any videos, all I did was listen to music and browse the internet (LTE). Used it for an hour in the morning and a couple hours in the afternoon and it was DEAD by 4pm.
If you really only used your phone for ~3 hours, then either you have an app draining all of your battery... Or a defective phone.

Post a screenshot of your battery history and usage.

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Also i realize i maybe took 5 quick pictures today, but how can my camera take up this much % of battery
There is something really wrong here, quite possibly the signal strength, this is from today, being a Sunday I didn't use the phone that much and I was charging it before posting this but look how the charge maintains and doesn't drop constantly like yours, this is how it is suppose to be:

2012-12-02_23-27-54.png

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Have you considered getting Verizon's Network Extender? It's an absolute necessity in my house, where "airborne" signal strength is so poor a Verizon phone can barely get a text message out the door. Makes all the difference to me, and could to your battery life as well.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Check what programs are using your battery. There was a glitch in the Map application that was draining mine for a couple days, fixed and now it's back to normal. The other day I had 4.5 hours of usage and was still at 95%, I am averaging 13-15 hours on a charge with normal use. I love the battery on this thing.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with the battery,this is hands down the best phone I have ever owned the positives far outweigh the negatives

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Same here battery life is great. One of my co-workers asked if I had a cell phone because they don't see my phone plugged into the wall anymore or me crying about my battery. I came from a Thunder Bolt . My worse day so far is 11 hrs with 40% left. I love this phone:)

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it'll help since you might just have a bad phone, but I recommend Battery Doctor to try and target which apps might be causing your battery problems. I was having a problem with my battery a few weeks ago, and it showed me that the Amazon Market was the problem. I updated it, and battery life went back to normal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I dont own one, but I know from flashing new roms on my gnex, that if I dont sign out of the "Talk" app that battery life is horrible. When I sign into my google account when starting the new rom(like out of the box start up) google automatically signs me into "talk" which I dont use. Just saying for something else to check. I did like the 5 minutes I had with the DNA at Verizon though. Very nice phone....

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I work in a 3g/4g challenged location, it's inside a room surrounded by a alot of steel and electronics.. Where I often site I get almost NO signal, nor do my coworkers, we all (iphone/Samsug/htc/moto/blackberry) see our batteries beaten down over the course of the shift, it's the same for all of use and it's because of the constant polling / switching of Radio signals... now, since the DNA I'm connected to WIFI in the same location, my phone is utilizing the wifi instead of 3g/4g and my battery lasts well (I still can't make a call ;-( So if you in a signal weak area, this dould cause it.. also I had a network extender at home, it does work but the range is somewhat limited and the placement in your house is important.

jasper7821

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new DNA a few days ago and got rid of Sprint.
My battery is just fine, although I would like to have more capacity.
But I work in an office all day and can plug in if needed.
Any the 4g LTE works AWESOME in Tucson.

Screenshot_2012-12-02-20-54-23.png
Screenshot_2012-12-02-16-24-02.png

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Turn off google now. Bringing up them cards drains batt.

Really? I'm still waiting for the JB ota update so I haven't tried Google Now. Is it the frequency of the updates or the amount of data being pulled for the cards?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Really? I'm still waiting for the JB ota update so I haven't tried Google Now. Is it the frequency of the updates or the amount of data being pulled for the cards?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I think both. I have a gnex and it has horrible batt life. I try kernel tweaks and turn off syncs that I don't need. Most are negligible. Honestly, to turn off google now has had a noticable improvement.
I don't really have a use for the cards so I turn them off.
Try turning it off a couple of days and have a look at ur batt. Can't hurt.