I'm sorry, but the battery life on this device is atrocious.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but the camera issue you are having is a "feature" of the phone, if you leave the camera app running then power off the screen or if you open the camera and not exit the application it will continue to run which is why you are seeing 22% of your battery going to camera. Its a "never miss a picture" feature. Try killing the camera with the app switcher ( not a task killer as they will actually cause more harm then good)

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android
6. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.

Great tips overall. I just wanted to note that while using a dark wallpaper on SAMOLED screens saves battery (as it turns off those individual black pixels), it won't do anything for LCD displays like on the DNA, which are backlit.

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
12 Hrs. on battery with 7 Hrs. of streaming music through Google play music,screen on for close to 2 hrs & Wifi on the entire time. Battery now at 37%

Screenshot_2012-12-05-23-46-17.png

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off LTE, WIFI, GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot. Toggle on as needed.
2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum.
3. Sign out of Google Latitude, GTalk, G+, Google Now, and Messenger. Disable Location Reporting/History.
4. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
5. Turn off keyboard haptic feedback.
6. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
7. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
8. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
9. Turn off vibrate for Emails.
10. Be careful of using too many live widgets.
11. Sync Exchange Emails 30 Days or less.
12. Do NOT use a Task Killer App.

Great points indeed! Only disagreement I have is some of the Google services. At least in my testing Gtalk, G+ and Google Now all used very little battery life across many of my devices. I also typically leave NFC on and it's completely dormant during non-use. Don't see it being a problem either.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The power button and volume down does not work for me. Only the power button and home screen button does.

It's good to see that some things about HTC don't change. This is how it is with the Thunderbolt. Some phones use the power button and home button to take a screen shot, while others, like mine, use the power button and volume down. I'd love to know why it's different.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The power button and volume down does not work for me. Only the power button and home screen button does.

You have to click the power and volume down at the same time and hold for 2 sec. However, this power and home is easy as well, thanks for sharing that!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You have to click the power and volume down at the same time and hold for 2 sec. However, this power and home is easy as well, thanks for sharing that!

The both work, however the Power + Home Button method does not show the saved screenshot in the notification area, nor does it allow for quick sharing of it. The Power + Volume Down method does, so I prefer that way.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all on the screenshot stuff! I thought it took special software, rooting, or an act of Congress!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life continues to be great with the DNA for my normal day to day use. I rarely get to 60% after 12 hours off the charger. I did notice one thing today that does eat the battery pretty aggressively. I had to navigate to a destination today, and decided to use Google Maps for turn-by-turn. I navigated for less than a half hour and lost just over 10% of my battery. This is probably the only reason I need to leave my charging cable in the car anymore. With my old Thunderbolt (I know...I know...), the car charger got used daily.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the Tbolt, I got into the habit of putting it on the charger when I got in the car, when I got to the office, when I got home or pretty much any other place I could find a charger. I've actually found myself having to resist the urge to put my DNA on a charger now. That being said I took it off the charger at 7:30 AM have managed my emails from it as I've been in meetings most of the day, played some words/scramble with friends, uploaded some pics to Facebook took two half hour conference calls, browsed the internet, searched for houses on the Realtor app and streamed some music and am still at 50%. My Tbolt would have been drained by 1 PM.

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My battery life continues to be great with the DNA for my normal day to day use. I rarely get to 60% after 12 hours off the charger. I did notice one thing today that does eat the battery pretty aggressively. I had to navigate to a destination today, and decided to use Google Maps for turn-by-turn. I navigated for less than a half hour and lost just over 10% of my battery. This is probably the only reason I need to leave my charging cable in the car anymore. With my old Thunderbolt (I know...I know...), the car charger got used daily.

10% battery for 30mins of navigation is pretty damn good. that's like getting almost 5 hours of navigation with a full charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user