Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Memory question

I've been to Verizon to play with the phone a few times and have been reading posts on here pretty regularly since before the phone came out. The one question that I haven't really seen addressed much by anyone is... How does the 16gb no sdcard slot issue that many people had before even buying the phone play out?

- How does it affect your opinion of the phone?
    - Do you find yourself not downloading or adding something because of the space available?
    - How are you compensating for the low amount of storage?

I'm coming from a Tbolt and I'm digging this phone. On the other hand I'm not upset with my TB so waiting to see if a 32gb DNA comes out, or a comparable phone isn't out of the question for me. I do like the HTC though.

Thanks

Default Re: Memory question

While the phone doesn't officially support OTG, it works, this allows you to connect a flash/thumb drive, works well.. see other posts on this for more info

Depends what you use your phone for. Games, movies, photos, music, etc. Me coming from the thunderbolt my 32gb was full with photos and music. Now the photos are synced with Dropbox and uploaded all my music to Google Music with ease. I'm at 7gb on my DNA right now and don't know what to do with the rest.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

It has NOT Stopped me, I too made the hop from the Tbolt then skipped over to the Rezound and have now landed on the DNA....I must agree with the 1st reply. keep your 32GB SD Card and use the USB ability that is hidden within.

2nd if you clear your catche's once a week that will help keep memory useage low. If your really worried about space start storing things to Drop Box, Drive, Google Music and any other cloud spaces you can pull to the phone.

With everything the DNA has to offer you really need to think is Storage that big and issue with 16GB and UP?????(Note: the 32GB Dev model that MIGHT come out....you will have to pay FULL Price for...)

I have 2 CD's on my DNA, the rest of my music in the cloud. at least 20 pics all shot at 8m.p. and close to 40 apps on my phone NOT including the stock baked in app or the verizon Bloat ware.....and i have used a Total of.....7.25GB

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Aside from the media storm regarding the slight memory, I wouldn't even know it wasn't enough. Although I did pin a number of albums from Google Music, I normally stream from GM or Pandora. I download the 7 or 8 podcasts I listen to each week and they are automatically deleted once I'm done listening.

Even with the pictures I've taken, I still have about 9GB available. If I start to run out of space, I'll just delete the photos that have been uploaded to Dropbox.

Steve

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    Aside from the media storm regarding the slight memory, I wouldn't even know it wasn't enough. Although I did pin a number of albums from Google Music, I normally stream from GM or Pandora. I download the 7 or 8 podcasts I listen to each week and they are automatically deleted once I'm done listening.

Even with the pictures I've taken, I still have about 9GB available. If I start to run out of space, I'll just delete the photos that have been uploaded to Dropbox.

Steve

See that's a its good Cuz you don't let your phone get Bogged down with Unnecessary crap, and with everything on the could there is no need to store EVERY picture on your phone(that is what can really slow a phone down).