Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Irvgotti
  • 1 Post By jamdmyers
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I can't get the DLNA on my DNA to work with my Sony Blu Ray player, any ideas

I manual from the Blu ray player says that the photo, video, or music screens with pup up on the screen when it detects a DLNA device and there's no setup from the player needed.
    When I swipe 3 fingers up on the DNA it says no HTC Media Link device detected.

Is there some other menu on the DNA other than Wireless & Networks to make my Blu Ray player connect with the phone.

I shouldn't have to use a DLNA device like the HTC Media Link HD box since my Blu Ray player already has DLNA.

Thanks

Carrier
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: I can't get the DLNA on my DNA to work with my Sony Blu Ray player, any ideas

I just tried won't work =(.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    jasper7821 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I can't get the DLNA on my DNA to work with my Sony Blu Ray player, any ideas

Dang,
    I guess I have to buy the HTC Media LinkHD now.

Cheapest I found was $100 on Amazon.

I wish there was a way for the phone to connect directly to a DLNA enabled device besides the Media Link

There are several ways to do this but it all requires additional equipment ($$), I'm not buying a htc media link, I did buy a Panasonic smart TV which I can control and 'throw' things to the screen (movies/music/photos), it pairs with the android app for Panasonic, I specifically bought a TV last spring for these DNLA features.
    Irvgotti likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Anybody have any luck yet

Just found this vine while looking for something else, did you find the answer yet? If not, here it is.

First, the native DNA apps (Music, etc.) are not necessarily DLNA compatible.

Go to "Wireless & Networks" in Settings,
    Click "More" and then "Media Output",
    Select your DLNA WiFi device to stream to,
    Note: use a Widget on the main screen as a shortcut.
    Note: I've found the DNA WiFi radio to be very fussy, restarting the devise after multiple connections clears the IP buffer.

Good Luck.