Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jamdmyers
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I can't get the DLNA on my DNA to work with my Sony Blu Ray player, any ideas

I manual from the Blu ray player says that the photo, video, or music screens with pup up on the screen when it detects a DLNA device and there's no setup from the player needed.
    When I swipe 3 fingers up on the DNA it says no HTC Media Link device detected.

Is there some other menu on the DNA other than Wireless & Networks to make my Blu Ray player connect with the phone.

I shouldn't have to use a DLNA device like the HTC Media Link HD box since my Blu Ray player already has DLNA.

Thanks

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: I can't get the DLNA on my DNA to work with my Sony Blu Ray player, any ideas

I just tried won't work =(.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I can't get the DLNA on my DNA to work with my Sony Blu Ray player, any ideas

Dang,
    I guess I have to buy the HTC Media LinkHD now.

Cheapest I found was $100 on Amazon.

I wish there was a way for the phone to connect directly to a DLNA enabled device besides the Media Link

There are several ways to do this but it all requires additional equipment ($$), I'm not buying a htc media link, I did buy a Panasonic smart TV which I can control and 'throw' things to the screen (movies/music/photos), it pairs with the android app for Panasonic, I specifically bought a TV last spring for these DNLA features.
    Irvgotti likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Anybody have any luck yet