Defective Device?

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had the DNA since this past Saturday. Obvioulsy I'm using it more often because its a new device and by no means do I think the battery life on this device is terrible, however many people have stated amazing battery life. I am not getting that. Im getting around 10-12 hours per charge but I see people post here about having the device last from when they wake up to when they go to bed still with 40%. As it stands now my device just makes it through my 10 hr work day on what is probably moderate usage (although this is all relative). My question is should I start figuring out settings/apps to maximize my DNA's battery life or is it possible that I have a defective device?

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
There's several apps that auto sync you may or maynot want it to, do you keep all your radios on when not in use (ie bluetooth / gps etc)
Also 3g/4g switching and polling can drain any battery, if you're in a dicey area it can be due to radio polling, lastly is your screen on auto brightness? I never like this setting but found on the DNA is works fairly well. It is all relative depending on how you use your device..

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
my phone last 14-17hrs every day. i only charge it once.. i dont charge at night. i put it on the charger when i wake up in the morning. and it last from the time i wake up and go back to bed. i dont mind a mid day charge. i think people are making it worse than what it seems.. It def will get you through a day. of moderate use. well it does for me.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My battery easily makes it through the day, and have always had more than 40% left by the time I went to sleep. I got it on release day. I am on WiFi 80%+ of the day. The only way I wouldn't be able to make it through the day would be if I played a lot of video games on my phone. Something might be wrong with your phone, because I consider myself a moderate user as well, and battery-life has never been any sort of problem for me.

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess I have been playing a fair amount of games because the screen is so nice. Not to much tho. I've only played Call of Duty one time since owning the phone but for some reason it is showing up as 19% of my battery usage even tho its not working under running apps or in the background. I might just be playing around with the thing too much because its new. I'm coming from a Thunderbolt with an extended battery and never had an issue with battery life. I'm not sure of my actual screen time since Sense removed it from battery info. I just downloaded a gsam battery monitor tho so i should be able to find that out.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this smartphone to use as a smartphone,shutting all the radios off and stopping all the services and turning the screen down to super dim defeats it's smartphone abilities,might as well shut it off all together.i f i get 6 to 8 hours before charges i am happy,way to many positives about the DNA,to fault the battery life.

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not complaining about the battery life I'm making it through the day which is good, but I'm just questioning if i could be getting more because some people are saying they get like over a days use on a single charge. I've seen people claim 42 hrs of battery life. Thats 3x what i get!

pitt01

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It's all subjective. Depends what apps you use,widgets you run, strength of wifi connection, and obviously how often you use it. I'm a moderate user but my battery lasts anywhere from 6 hoursc to only 50% after a full day. It all depends how you use it.

Reduce screen brightness, turn off mobile data when youre on wifi, kill running apps from time to time, and minimize widgets.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech