Verizon Visual Voice Mail - Annoying

dnidi82

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
When I get a voice mail. I also receive one of more texts from Verizon soliciting Verizon's VVM service. Which I am not interested in and I dont want their lame text msgs either. Does anyone know a way to stop receiving Verizon's text msgs for VVM.

Also, when I go into the voicemail tab, using the stock messaging app, I get a "loading" message and have to wait for the VVM app to start, and then ask me for a passcode. I then hit cancel and only then am I allowed to hit the call voicemail option. What is everyone else doing to check voicemail and avoid Verizon's VVM solicitations.

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Voice, Verizon "disabled" it but all you have to do is forward your phone to your Google Voice # and it works the same.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Voice, Verizon "disabled" it but all you have to do is forward your phone to your Google Voice # and it works the same.

I use Google Voice as well (just for Voice Mail). VZW did not disable it though. It works very well for me, without any forwarding.. I love the transcriptions, also love that it can read me my text from the transcriptions of the voice mails.

tkags85

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Voice as well (just for Voice Mail). VZW did not disable it though. It works very well for me, without any forwarding.. I love the transcriptions, also love that it can read me my text from the transcriptions of the voice mails.

Can you tell me how you managed to get Google voice working on your phone? I get an error message saying that my carrier does not have automatic configuration setup... :-/

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell me how you managed to get Google voice working on your phone? I get an error message saying that my carrier does not have automatic configuration setup... :-/

Yeah, I got that too. Just "next" or "skip" through it and it works, or it does for me. A few phones ago, the very first time I set it up, I think I had to dial that phone # they provide in the setup to initiate it but the last few phones, I just "skip" though and it works ..

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
go to verizonwireless.com, log into your account, under My Wireless, I go to change features->scroll down, and, at the bottom there is a link for Block Services. You can setup the services you want to block, including Visual Voice Mail.

tkags85

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
go to verizonwireless.com, log into your account, under My Wireless, I go to change features->scroll down, and, at the bottom there is a link for Block Services. You can setup the services you want to block, including Visual Voice Mail.

Does blocking Visual Voice in the Verizon settings help in the proper functioning of google voice?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Does blocking Visual Voice in the Verizon settings help in the proper functioning of google voice?

No, that was a separate recommendation I think, it has nothing to do with GV .. Also, I am pretty sure that the first time I did it, though AUTOMATIC configuration was not set up, I did go through the manual steps and it worked (even though at the end it told me it wouldn't .. :)

tkags85

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No, that was a separate recommendation I think, it has nothing to do with GV .. Also, I am pretty sure that the first time I did it, though AUTOMATIC configuration was not set up, I did go through the manual steps and it worked (even though at the end it told me it wouldn't .. :)

Good to know.. Thanks!!

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier. This is what I meant by forwarding, Verizon disables the auto setup for it's own Visual Voice Mail, however you can just enable call forwarding to your Google number. There's two ways to forward, I forget which one it is but you can look it up on Verizon's website. One automatically forwards (you don't want), and the other rings your phone and then instead of going to Verizon voicemail, will forward. I think it's *73+10digit google number but it could be *72 for the one you want.

deliadelia

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

BLESS YOU. This was the answer I was looking for. My phone (Samsung Note 4) reverted to regular voicemail notifications as soon as I blocked Visual Voicemail services. THANK YOU!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool