1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Default How do I change keyboards on the DNA?

On my previous Thunderbolt, if I wanted to change keyboards to something I downloaded, I would long press in a text entry area, and a pop-up would appear, which would allow me to change keyboards to any of the keyboards I've installed.

I just installed a keyboard to check out (), I activated it in the "Language/Keyboard" area of settings, but I still get the HTC keyboard, when I go to enter text.

Long pressing simply brings up "Paste" as an option!

Can anyone with more experience with HTC then I, please help?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by shel View Post
    On my previous Thunderbolt, if I wanted to change keyboards to something I downloaded, I would long press in a text entry area, and a pop-up would appear, which would allow me to change keyboards to any of the keyboards I've installed.

I just installed a keyboard to check out (), I activated it in the "Language/Keyboard" area of settings, but I still get the HTC keyboard, when I go to enter text.

Long pressing simply brings up "Paste" as an option!

Can anyone with more experience with HTC then I, please help?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if this will help, or if the following tips were specific to the keyboard I installed, but here goes...when I installed Better Keyboard, this is what I had to do -

Not only did my settings menu need to reflect that the sliding switch for Better Keyboard had been turned to "on", I had to select/drill down on that same tab with the sliding switch. Once inside the main menu for Better Keyboard, I had to 'switch' to Better Keyboard AND 'enable' it.

So, there were three steps - slide the switch to 'on', then switch to your preferred keyboard AND enable once inside the app's menu.

Also, whenever you touch the keyboard, you should have an icon in your notification tray asking which input method you would like to use.

I hope this helps!!

Default Re: How do I change keyboards on the DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by beirlilny View Post

Also, whenever you touch the keyboard, you should have an icon in your notification tray asking which input method you would like to use.

I hope this helps!!
    This.

Enable your keyboard in Settings, then go to any input area to type, pull down your notification bar and select the "Choose Input Method" to change it . It will stick.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beirlilny View Post

I hope this helps!!
    Thanks, that's what was missing! Until I opened up the keyboard, the icon wasn't there...

By the way, if any of you haven't tried out Jelly Bean 4.2 keyboard, it's pretty sweet!

I have the same issue with my Droid DNA "not able to change the keyboard", where you able to do so? how?!