How do I change keyboards on the DNA?
On my previous Thunderbolt, if I wanted to change keyboards to something I downloaded, I would long press in a text entry area, and a pop-up would appear, which would allow me to change keyboards to any of the keyboards I've installed.
I just installed a keyboard to check out (Jellybean 4.2), I activated it in the "Language/Keyboard" area of settings, but I still get the HTC keyboard, when I go to enter text.
Long pressing simply brings up "Paste" as an option!
Can anyone with more experience with HTC then I, please help?
Thanks in advance!
- 12-06-2012, 03:10 AM #2
- 10 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help, or if the following tips were specific to the keyboard I installed, but here goes...when I installed Better Keyboard, this is what I had to do -
Not only did my settings menu need to reflect that the sliding switch for Better Keyboard had been turned to "on", I had to select/drill down on that same tab with the sliding switch. Once inside the main menu for Better Keyboard, I had to 'switch' to Better Keyboard AND 'enable' it.
So, there were three steps - slide the switch to 'on', then switch to your preferred keyboard AND enable once inside the app's menu.
Also, whenever you touch the keyboard, you should have an icon in your notification tray asking which input method you would like to use.
I hope this helps!!
- 12-06-2012, 06:17 AM #3
- 05-02-2013, 12:28 AM #5
- By StayFly in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 13Last Post: 08-07-2013, 08:37 PM
- By sniffs in forum HTC One XReplies: 7Last Post: 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM
- By nybaseball21 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 29Last Post: 12-18-2011, 09:04 AM
- By imajaenation in forum HTC FlyerReplies: 4Last Post: 05-29-2011, 11:21 PM
- By JOrtenzi in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 7Last Post: 04-14-2011, 08:37 PM