Upgraded without losing Unlimited!!!

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
FWIW: So like everyone else I was scared to transfer my upgrade to another line, use it, then switch the phone back. Well it worked, and I didn't even lose unlimited on the line I switched the upgrade to! I've waited a few days, checking online just to make sure and it still shows both lines as Unlimited Data!! The guy at the corp. store was just as surprised as I was when it didn't ask to switch the other line to a tiered plan, and at that point I wasn't asking questions. I was told that switching an upgrade then using it and switching the phones back would keep your unlimited though!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
FWIW: So like everyone else I was scared to transfer my upgrade to another line, use it, then switch the phone back. Well it worked, and I didn't even lose unlimited on the line I switched the upgrade to! I've waited a few days, checking online just to make sure and it still shows both lines as Unlimited Data!! The guy at the corp. store was just as surprised as I was when it didn't ask to switch the other line to a tiered plan, and at that point I wasn't asking questions. I was told that switching an upgrade then using it and switching the phones back would keep your unlimited though!

Awesome that this worked for you, when I tried to do it with an upgrade a day or 2 after the DNA came out it was attempting to force me to switch data plans. Refusing to go to teired plan unless I absolutly have to.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Does the change not take effect until the next billing cycle? I did exactly the same thing, still see unlimited, but waiting to see if it changes at the start of the next cycle.

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Does the change not take effect until the next billing cycle? I did exactly the same thing, still see unlimited, but waiting to see if it changes at the start of the next cycle.
As long as you do not upgrade the Unlimited line, you are fine. You are allowed to transfer any phone onto the line without a change to the plan. The account change takes effect quick, I think mine was 1 day.

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded on best buy website no transfer of upgrade or anything just straight upgrade and my plan didn't change either.. it has now been like 2 weeks and still on unl. data.. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Lazarus, I did not quite understand your reply., You upgraded but no transfer ( what does no transfer mean ?) Did you get the DNA at the discounted price or pay full.
Thanks
Harvey

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, Just upgraded to the DNA yesterday, so this is my first post-purchase post!

I actually used an upgrade from another line on a family plan. The Verizon rep at the store was surprised that their system had somehow changed so that he was not able to transfer the upgrade in their usual way.

So instead, as I understood it, he took the other phone offline (the one that had an upgrade available), did the upgrade to DNA, then an ESN swap so that it was now my phone. I did not have the other phone in store, it was hundreds of miles away.

And, so far, still have unlimited! We will see...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lazarus, I did not quite understand your reply., You upgraded but no transfer ( what does no transfer mean ?) Did you get the DNA at the discounted price or pay full.
Thanks
Harvey
I upgraded and got the discounted price..
What i mean by no transfer.. is i did not transfer my upgrade to another line like the OP was describing..

On bby site it told me at first that i would have to choose a new data plan... but it never made me change my plan and when i checked out it had "keep existing data plan" on my invoice.. and that has been over two weeks and still my plan shows unlimited data..

I can't promise it would work for others but it worked for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2