1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Now that it's been out for a bit...(sms lag?)

Has anyone had any lag with the messaging application if you text a lot? I limit my texts to 200 per person and every time I open the messaging app on my Dinc2, I have to wait like 2-3 seconds for it to "update" and realize that I've read new messages and then will switch and bold the name of a person I have new ones from. Really annoying when I just want to quickly answer something!

Any of that?

Like one of the only things I've noticed the iPhone has over Android (at least phones I've used) because it's not like SMS is an intensive application so I'm tired of having to wait just to do simple things, so yeah, curious what you set your text limits at, and if there has been any slowing down or pauses or whatever - just in general, how the default SMS application runs!

Default Re: Now that it's been out for a bit...(sms lag?)

I notice that there is some lag in the updating of messages, that is on a brand new phone w/ only a few message threads. It is slightly annoying but I dont think a dealbreaker.

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

I have had no issues with the SMS program and I use the default one only. There is no lag nor am I waiting to read a text or sending a text or for the text to update or refresh. One thing I have noticed is when I go into my SMS for a fraction of a second they will show numbers only, then change to the names, little annoying but not the end of the world. Also I dont set a text limit.

The only time I see a lag is when I don't use the app for a while. In that case the phone has pretty much shut it down for lack of use. But once I open it and refresh it, everytime I open after there's no lag.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Sorry, I don't use the stock one. I use Handcent. Have you tried other SMS apps? There are many great ones out there ..

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Sorry, I don't use the stock one. I use Handcent. Have you tried other SMS apps? There are many great ones out there ..
    Handcent the one with the quick reply built in?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    Handcent the one with the quick reply built in?
    Yup. I believe a few do, but yes Handcent does. Very very customizable as well. There are a lot of good ones out there though I suppose at this point. I have used Handcent for years and it has always served me well.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah I've used chompSMS, Go SMS, Handcent, and Pansi (so basically all lol).

I like the customization with all of them, but like my main problem is here, every single one of them for me to open, it takes a couple seconds and then takes a couple seconds to load my list, couple seconds to update who has sent a new message, and THEN a couple seconds to load their conversation.

I love the look of the stock one for Sense 4 so that's why I'm hoping it's fast and such - stock is my favorite on all of them, I don't like the feel of most other SMS applications, just kinda "cartoony" , idk!