Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jf2go
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5,173 Global Posts

Default HTC MediaServer ?

I am not sure what this HTC MediaCenter is running on my phone but it is eating up 27% of the battery each day. I assume it had to deal with the HTC Media Hub but I dont have one hooked up and have everything related to it turned off. Anyone else seeing this running in the background?

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC MediaServer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    I am not sure what this HTC MediaCenter is running on my phone but it is eating up 27% of the battery each day. I assume it had to deal with the HTC Media Hub but I dont have one hooked up and have everything related to it turned off. Anyone else seeing this running in the background?
    I was seeing the same thing. I read somewhere that it was related to Google Music sync. I turned off syncing for Play Music, Play Books and Play Movies for my Google account on the DNA, and so far so good. Mediaserver doesn't show up as a big contributor in my battery useage any more. I'm not sure if this was a good workaround for the problem, but let me know if it works for you.
    Sooks likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    5,173 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC MediaServer ?

Quote Originally Posted by jf2go View Post
    I was seeing the same thing. I read somewhere that it was related to Google Music sync. I turned off syncing for Play Music, Play Books and Play Movies for my Google account on the DNA, and so far so good. Mediaserver doesn't show up as a big contributor in my battery useage any more. I'm not sure if this was a good workaround for the problem, but let me know if it works for you.
    Thanks this seemed to kill it!