Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voice Dialing

Good Afternoon,

I am new, and this is my first post so please be patient. I purchased my DNA last Sunday. I have found that the lack of memory, and battery life have not been an issue, at least for me. I love Sense, and the screen. I do, however, have an issue with voice dialing. The google search feature used for voice dialing is not accurate. Also, even though I select to search only my contacts, or call history, it still does a web search. I'm guessing if it only search the areas I selected it would be more accurate. I spend a lot of time in my vehicle for work. I cannot constantly fumble with my phone to make a call. Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem? The guy at Verizon said its Jelly Bean, not the phone. I'm tempted to go exchange it for the Note 2, or S3. But if it is Jelly Bean it won't make a difference.

Thanks

Default Re: Voice Dialing

Not sure which app your using to make calls, Google Now ?(ie long press on home key) if so under settings (scroll down to get menu icon) there are settings for Phone Search, Ensure you have 'People' Selected. Give it a try
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. I have tried long pressing the home button. I have also tried the voice search widget. I'm not sure where you are telling me to search. Am I looking in settings? Thanks

In google now (long press home button until app comes up), there is a menu icon (3 dots in a vertical row). It is under this drop down menu you will find the settings jamdmyers was referring to, I believe. Phone search is here. On my device, people was prechecked in this section.